Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Scrooge Gooding



I've decided not to put up a Christmas tree this year. I know, I know...I'm a real humbug! Here are my good reasons:

a) Rick and I went to Mexico and so are not buying each other gifts this year

b) Rachel and the boys aren't coming for Christmas so there's really no reason to have a tree

c) We put the tree downstairs and rarely look at it once it's up

d) I take the tree down on Christmas day anyway, so why put it up?

e) It's a lot of work and trouble if we're not going to "use" it.

f) I don't want to...

So there!

2 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

You Scrooge you! Put up your tree for fun! Well, I know it isn't much fun, but they look so pretty. Scott and I aren't giving gifts either, and Mckenna loves to touch it way too much but I still love the season! Maybe someday I'll convince you.

Heather said...

Wow, that's a lot reasons. How can you not put up a Christmas tree? Don't you believe in traditions? :) And, also, who actually takes the tree down on Christmas day? You're funny. I say if you don't need it to put you in the Christmas mood, then forgo it.