Friday, February 26, 2010

Movin' On...

I've moved past the hysterics of my dental visit. Thanks to those of you who commented on my pathetically panicked post. I'm like that, you know. (Or maybe you don't yet.)

I just spiral into complete chaos and then slowly work my way down to a slightly more sane state. At least I didn't pay the astronomical price and then bemoan my fate. I will seek a second opinion next week and see where it goes.

Rick and I are off to LV this evening to see the grand twins, but also to go to the NASCAR race there. Yes, we are rednecks (at least when it comes to Nascar.) I used to think fans of that sport were just strange. And now I are one...Never judge others lest you become one of them, I guess. It was easier to go before Rick got this job, but I love that he works so we'll not worry about Friday's events and have to leave Sunday right after the race. Also it'll be cold in Vegas this week end according to reports, but we'll dress warm. Hope it will be fun and the best part is seeing the boys.

I watched the women's ice skaters last night until almost 11. That's really late for me since we get up before 6. But it was amazing the watch the South Korean skater as well as the others. Amazing with what grace and beauty they move through those difficult routines. Yet I am glad to see the Olympics winding down. I'm sorry, but it disrupts my sleep and regular viewing schedule. I don't like change. I'm such a boring old woman.

Have a good weekend, every one. Hope everything is happy and relaxed as February winds to a close.

9 comments:

Jules AF said...

Why do you wake up so early?!?

rae said...

Nascar?!

just call me jo said...

Oopps! Do I sense judging, rae?? ;o) It's OK. I used to feel that way too. I can live with it. At least I don't live for Team Edward or Team Jacob, so I do something right, eh?
BN--Rick leaves for work at 7 and it takes us that long to pack lunch, eat breakfast, read the paper, put out the garbage, etc. It works for us.

Liz said...

Man, before 6 a.m. That's commitment. I didn't think humans were alive at that hour.
Team Edward, baby! Sorry, had to.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

I couldn't make it through the ice skating, even though that was my plan! I'm such an early-to-bed person! I saw the clips this morning, though, what an emotional evening!!

Katie said...

Hope you guys have fun this weekend! I love the Olympics, but it will be good when they are over. Staying up until at least midnight every night for the last two weeks is killing me!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Thanks so much for popping over to say hi!

Mimi said...

Hi JO!!!!
I or We went to our first Nascar at PIR a few yers back and we were hooked as well, people were so dog gone nice and friendly, we had co idea to bring anything, a blanket, a cooler, food, everyone shared everything, we made sop many new friends!!!!I and my daughter had no idea what to wear and we wore jean skirts and that was to fancy!!!haha
Have a GREAT time with the twins and the race!!!!!
It is going to be nippy!!!!!
I was on the news right after the ice skaters that night, I'll blog about it!!!!haha
hugs,
jamie

Mimi said...

HI!!!
What a fun time!!!!
hope your visit with the twins was the best part!!!
hugs,
jamie

Blog Archive