Saturday, June 5, 2010
Hot Stuff
The heat is on!! It's so hot here that it smells like something will melt or ignite. It's 105 degrees, cloudless, no wind. Hotter than hell.
Because my garden is directly out in the heat with no shade, Rick and I constructed this sun shade frame to protect it. I've never had to do this with a garden in my life. In Idaho we just worried about frost--never heat. So I'm officially go-shoot, ghetto here. It looks like a homeless person's shelter or a bedouin's tent gone wrong. I had other pictures but they haven't arrived to my email yet, so I gave up.
Don't bother reading The Financial Lives of the Poets. A huge waste of time. It's about this guy who is losing his job, his house, his wife--everything--and he decides to become a dope dealer. Very realistic, right? Who writes stupid stuff like that? Evidently Jess Walter does. I'm skimming through it trying to find the redeeming factor but I haven't found it yet.
I've had a migraine for four days on and off. Argh!! I hate that! Makes me cranky and onery. We swam a little this morning. I'm sure the water is boiling by now. We put our lab in the garage with a fan and cold water. We watered her down, but it's soooo hot out there for her. Poor baby!
Have a good weekend. Stay cool or dry or warm depending where you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
June
(19)
- Man Down
- The Heat Is On
- Stale Saturday
- Tennis, Anyone?
- I Need Direction
- Garbage In. Garbage Out
- Father's Day Memo
- I Went Toward the Light...
- My Baby's Baby Blanket and Birthday
- Untestimonial
- Just Observing...
- Arizona Mammonazi
- Shaved Dog, Anyone?
- Anniversary and a little Angst
- Hot Stuff
- Book List
- I Told You...
- I'm an Expert
- The Jolly Month of June
-
▼
June
(19)


5 comments:
Oh I know it's hot, my daughter lives in Tempe and it's supposed to get over 110 soon. It's hot here too, almost 100.
Your poor lab. I feel so bad for them when it's hot. Can she not come in the house like the little dog? We had a lab years ago and we'd put a sheet down and she'd lay on it in the house. Would your lab sit still for that? I know some dogs probably would be all over the place. It sounds like you're trying to keep her cool.
I was outside for ten minutes today and wished for death. Okay, I'm slightly exaggerating. But I did think, "Wow, it's beautiful here on the surface of the sun."
Hot, hot, hot!!! At least you have a lovely pool to relax in! I've always wanted one myself.
You have a special award over at my place! :D
An I thought it was hot here today!
Oh, that pool shot looks heavenly!! I must say, I lived in Orlando, FL for the 16 years, I endured my share of those 105 degree days! Stay cool (to ALL of you!)!!
Post a Comment