Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Told You...

You know that I'm a worrier. You know, I've told you that a gazzillion times...
So I have so much to worry about today:
1. The Diamonbacks lost their 10th game in a row last night in LA. They lost in 14 innings. Do you know how boring 14 innings of no-score baseball is?? We went to bed in the 10th. I knew they'd lose. They are hopeless, folks, really hopeless!

2. This oil spill thing just grates on my nerves. Everything BP does goes wrong. Now I hear they'd been cutting corners and skirting rules all along. The world is being destroyed, 11 lives were lost, the whitest  beaches in the world and acres of wetlands and their inhabitants are being polluted. I'm just flummoxed. Wait til Aughust?? WTF??

3. Joran van der Sloot is a person of interest in another murder five years from the time when Natalie Halloway was murdered. Dang it, people! I told you that he was guilty. Do you ever listen to me?? NO!! Now see what's happened. He'll probably go free on this one too. There's no justice.

4. My daughter's baby is head up. She thinks she'd like to have a chiropractor turn him so he won't be breech. Good holy grief, girl!! No! I foresee umbilical cords wrapped around his little neck. I don't mind these "doctors" crunching my back, but manipulating a baby in the womb. Hell no! Not my grandchild...As if she would listen to me. I'm just her mother. (She used to love me. I have no idea what happened. Refer to list from yesterday regarding sarcasm...maybe...)

5. My friends Emily and Boob Nazi are both looking for jobs. I worry when fellow bloggers are unhappy. This economy is so mean. It took the Rickster 6 months to land employment. This is just frustrating! Fix it, somebody! When people want to work they should be able to find suitable and amicable employment. Fix it! Fix it! Fix it!

6. The library now has three of the books I've requested in at the same time. Do you know how aggravating that is? I wait for months for books and then they all show up together so that I'll never get them all read in the two weeks our library gives. (There's usually no renewal on new titles cuz other people are waiting for them.) I can't read three books in two weeks and blog too. What are you thinking Northwest Regional Library?

Well there it its. The turmoil that is my addled brain. There's lots more floating around too but I won't bore you any more. Guess I need to go read a book. Sigh...

11 comments:

Amy said...

I am worried about this oil spill thing too. I am so upset that it even happened in the first place and the fact that our governement in just letting BP do their own thing to fix it just grates on my last nerve.

I don't understand how a chiropractor can manipulate a baby in the womb. I can understand you being a worried grandma.

What books are you trying to get from the library?

life in red shoes said...

Jo Honey, come on. Take 3 deep breaths, nope, I mean deep into your belly out through your nose. There, that's right. Now aren't you feeling calmer already?
BP, what can I say? Shit for brains and we are all going to pay. Whatever happened to plan B?
Don't worry about your team, they get nice fat paychecks regardless:)
Children, well I am still trying to figure that out.
Jobs? The economy? Do we really have any control?

Now, take the advice of a recovering World Class worrier, take a break from the newspaper, TV, and internet news. Read those books,as long as they have a positive message. Spend at least 10 minutes a day working on your deep breathing- UH, I heard that! It works!
Spend some more time relaxing in the pool, enjoying your employed hubby, and those darling grandies, make a blankie for the newbie.

Now I want you to report back, let me know if it helps:)

Heather said...

There's always something to worry about, isn't there? (or a whole bunch of things, I should say)

The oil thing is aggravating- it makes me sick to think of the pollution and marine life. :(

Isn't Rachel still pretty early in her pregnancy to be worrying about baby being head up? Many babies turn around in the last 4-6 weeks. She must get worrying from you. :) I say don't go to the chiropractor.

Heather said...

P.S. I am glad you are reading Three Cups of Tea. I learned a lot in that book, especially about the Taliban schools- crazy! It is an inspirational story. Now, you just need to recommend something to me.

Liz said...

Hey, at least you're getting comments! :-)

Melanie's Randomness said...

Oh I hate when that happens at the library. It takes me forever lately to read a book. I hate when the TV show dvds come in too at the same time. I can't watch all of Mad Men & True Blood at the same time.

Now I've never been pregant so I have no idea about the chiropractor but I just wanted to say that I was a breech baby, turned the wrong way & had the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck & my mom just had a ceasarian birth & I came out fine. It a very common thing. i dunno about the whole chiropractor turning thing. That would freak me out.

I can't belive about the oil spill. I hope they can find something to lessen it soon!

Aww you need something happy. I tagged you for a blog award today!

Emily of Boston said...

Definitely ignore the news (print, electronic, any way you can possibly get it) and just sit down and read those three library books! Marathon reading session!

Which reminds me... I can't even remember the last time I borrowed a book from a library. That kind of makes me sad.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

The spill is awful.

I know what you mean about jobs.It took hubs 13 months.

My oldest was breech when I was 8 months prego.My doctor suggested I put headphones on my belly and play music. As silly as it sounded in 4 days he turned towards the music.

Well, I still had to have an emergency C-section because his giant head (gift from hubs)got stuck while coming out. There was no breech thou.

Liz said...

BTW, I'm curious what your three books are, too. I'm always looking for something new and wonderful to read. So tell us the books!

So here's the dish on the pic from my last post. That is indeed me with my only sibling, my big brother, Stan. He's 13 years my senior and I love him to bits. We're technically half-siblings - we have different biological fathers - but we don't bother with the half stuff and just consider each other brother and sister. And there you are!

cathycan said...

It's okay, it'll be okay.
It will all work itself out.
Except, tell your daughter to consult her obstetrician about the "turning".
But it'll all be okay, it's out of our hands. Trust the One who has "the whole world in his hands".
No...not Allstate ; )

Katie said...

Between Mark and I, I am totally the worrier. I'm trying to be more positive and carefree like he his, but it's hard.

Blog Archive