He's here and healthy--really healthy--9 lbs. 6 oz. and 21 1/2 inches. His name is Gunnar middle name Watson which is my maiden name. I don't have pictures yet to post though 100s were taken by his proud dad. My camera is so poor, I thought I'd wait to get his.
Gunner was born C-section and it's probably good he was. Being so big and just a little over due he swallowed some mechoniam (not sure of spelling) and had the cord wrapped some around his neck. I don't think it would have been pretty giving birth normally with all of those factors. He is a trooper. He cries loudly when he's not happy. He's very alert and even lifts his head a little.
Rachel texted late last evening and said he had nursed finally and then fallen asleep. I trust he will be glad to see his grandma and grandpa and brothers this morning when we go up. It's so nice they let siblings go in. That didn't used to be allowed.
I will post pictures when possible. Suffice it to say he is beautiful, smart, healthy and funny. I like him tremendously and he likes me too. He told me so...
Thanks for your prayers and good wishes. I know they helped. I'll be kind of busy taking care of the twins til their momma comes home--probably Tues. (I hope.) Grandpa is going back to AZ today and I will miss him. Until then I have laundry, etc., etc, etc. Love to all.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
October
(19)
- Partying--Hallows Eve Style
- Just Ducky
- Walking Wisdom
- Borrowing Ideas for Fall
- A Dog's Life?
- Oh, Walmart---Sigh...
- They're Back...
- Because I have been given much...
- Nut Case Strikes Again
- Damn Dam
- Boys Have a Penis; Girls Have a Vagina...
- White Owl
- I'm Torn
- The Gun Man
- Bumbo? Anyone?
- Dang I'm Old...
- Finally--
- Pictures of the Gunman
- Big Baby
-
▼
October
(19)
9 comments:
Yea!!!! Can't wait to see the cute pics. Just makes me that more anxious to meet my little guy!!!
Congrats! How exciting for you and your family! Enjoy your new grandson :)
I am glad he was born healthy and safely. That is definitely an impressive weight! Tell her I'm thinking of her and hopes she recovers quickly.
Wow, that is one healthy baby! Glad everyone's hale and happy. Congrats on the new grandboy!
Wooo Hooo! Congratulations Grandma:)
Ya know, every single time I see a new baby that has arrived safe and sound, I know it is nothing short of a miracle.
Best wishes to your sweet family, and give that baby a kiss for me:)
Congrats on your new grandson!!
aww Congratulations!!! Love the name! Can't wait to see pics of the lil trooper! =)
Oh wow! Congrats Grandma Jo!!! And yeah, It's probably best she had him via c-section!!!
That is one biiiig baby! I'm glad she didn't have to push him out her hoo-ha. Glad he's here safe and sound!
Post a Comment