Friday, October 8, 2010

Dang I'm Old...

John Lennon would have been 70 on Oct. 9th--tomorrow! I just feel like moss growing on the north side of life. If John would have been 70...gulp...I am 62. That's just ancient!

I was 15 when the Beatles invaded. I watched them on The Ed Sullivan show and immediately fell in love. I'm not one of their most rabid fans, but I loved early Beatles a lot. I have their first album (yes, little ones, it was vinyl then) framed in my office.

It was a charmingly innocent time in the 60's. Some parents were outraged at the long hair and tight pants, the irreverence, and the hysteria of frantic, screaming girls. If they had only known what was to come...FYI Parents of the Sixties, it gets MUCH more frightening in all decades that follow.

I wish I possessed the fresh, dewy, naivete that I had then. I wish that all my grandsons needed to fear was the mop heads from England. Ah, imagine...

4 comments:

CB said...

It is funny that parents were up in arms about those cute Beatles back in the day. Some of the more recent groups are just gross - you just want to tell them to take a shower and sanatize themselves ha ha!
John Lennon at 70. I think if he would have lived he'd still be singing.

Emily of Boston said...

In honor of John, I listened to Beatles music on my way into work this morning. :)

Liz said...

I could never get into the Beatles. Their stuff was always just annoying. I have liked quite a few reincarnations of their classic songs, though, sung by other people.

JoJo said...

I love the Beatles!

Blog Archive