I have nothing important to say, but I cut my fingernails off so it's ever so much faster and nicer to type. So here I go and you will be enlightened and amused, I'm sure. The weather in the Hubs of Hell (aka Arizona) is finally bearable. It was 61 degrees this morning and I'm sure it's no higher than 80 something now. It's like a real world out there instead of the face of the sun.
The neighbors put out some bags of clothes for Goodwill (I guess) and these two perfectly perfect chairs. One is like an antique occasional chair and the other is a nice desk chair with all the upholstery in pristine condition. I find myself staring over there, walked by to get the mail, and have a real urge to go take those give-to-charity chairs. I don't NEED two chairs, but they are dandies. I don't know those neighbors well enough to go ask them if I can have them. I think they would look at me funny and turn up their noses to think they had a neighbor who would stoop to side walk finds. But...I'll take pictures and let you see if I get brave enough to take those suckers. I wish I were brave!
UPDATE: I went outside at 2:45 determined to snag those chairs and at that moment, a Big Brothers/Big Sisters truck rolled around the corner, pulled up and "stole" my chairs. She who hesitates is lost...
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
October
(19)
- Partying--Hallows Eve Style
- Just Ducky
- Walking Wisdom
- Borrowing Ideas for Fall
- A Dog's Life?
- Oh, Walmart---Sigh...
- They're Back...
- Because I have been given much...
- Nut Case Strikes Again
- Damn Dam
- Boys Have a Penis; Girls Have a Vagina...
- White Owl
- I'm Torn
- The Gun Man
- Bumbo? Anyone?
- Dang I'm Old...
- Finally--
- Pictures of the Gunman
- Big Baby
-
▼
October
(19)
4 comments:
I once picked up a typewriter I drove past. I turned around and looked again at it & then after one more go around I picked it up. Worked beautifully. It's my favorite sidewalk found. =)
how late does the sun set? TeeHee - grab 'em while you can!
Bummer about missing out on the chairs. Honestly, you can never have too many. And if your neighbors set them out, I don't see any problem with snagging them! But sounds like you missed that boat. Better luck next time.
Btw, I too was enjoying the feeling of freshly trimmed finger nails no longer getting stuck on extra keys, tonight. What a great feeling. :)
I've been so busy last week, that I just saw your header picture... I love it!!!
Post a Comment