I left the broken Halloween lights in my car per Nicole's advice. Added the Bumbo tray that Rach didn't want. Loaded up and headed to Wally world to trade the plunder for part of a paper shredder. I was sure I would be in and out quickly. I was prepared.
Forty-five minutes later, the line finally creeped past the restrooms, the optical shop, and the hair salon to reach the customer service desk. One elderly ( much older than me) lady was plodding through the returners. After each transaction she would s-l-o-w-l-y amble to the back room with the abandoned merchandise, eventually return to the line, do some cash-register tapping, and then nod to the next victim. Three of the people in line just wanted to cash their pay checks. I think they were ready to go to those check cashing shark places that take a cut.
Of course, there were people in motorized carts, an elderly couple sharing the wife's walker, and a mom with three restless toddlers. It was quite the que. I nearly went postal. I tried not to be snippy, but the snotty bitch just bubbled up. I was ready to throttle the clerk by the time I slogged through the mess. Luckily, Rickster called just as I was about to begin my tirade. He talked me off the ledge of crankiness and spared the Walmart worker for another day. When will I learn not to go there? Let's hope the paper shredder works and doesn't need to be returned. I swear I'll just dump it in the trash and go to Target next time.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
October
(19)
- Partying--Hallows Eve Style
- Just Ducky
- Walking Wisdom
- Borrowing Ideas for Fall
- A Dog's Life?
- Oh, Walmart---Sigh...
- They're Back...
- Because I have been given much...
- Nut Case Strikes Again
- Damn Dam
- Boys Have a Penis; Girls Have a Vagina...
- White Owl
- I'm Torn
- The Gun Man
- Bumbo? Anyone?
- Dang I'm Old...
- Finally--
- Pictures of the Gunman
- Big Baby
-
▼
October
(19)
7 comments:
haha... I love it! Around the part of the country I live in, it's either Wal-Mart or Wal-Mart it seems like haha :)
I have a love/hate relationship with Wal-Mart..mostly hate. Glad you didn't go off that cliff edge! Hope you have a Wal-Mart-free week-end!
Snotty bitch? You know what they say, takes one to know one:)Welcome to the club!
I have nothing good to say about Helmart...nothing. I feel it the downfall of mankind.
I totally know what you mean...I hate that place more and more each day!
I feel your pain. I had a similar experience. http://larainydays.blogspot.com/2010/01/field-trip-walmart-returns-line.html
Ten points for maintaining your composure!
I fear everytime I have to return things at Walmart. I mean FEAR!!!!!!
Oh man, nothing is so frustrating as the return line at Walmart. NOTHING!
Post a Comment