Sunday, December 5, 2010

Car Trouble--Argh!

We're home safely but not so soundly. My 2008 Hyundai Azera had problems on the way home. We stopped for fuel in Kingman and at Wikeup the "check engine" light came on and then an ESC/Off light came on and then the car died. So we read the manual and turned it off and started again. At first it would go 10 miles and the engine power would die. We'd coast to the side of the road, turn it off, and start up again. Nothing was hot, we had oil. Then closer to home we could only get 2 miles before the power died. Eventually, Rick started shifting manually instead of letting it shift automatically and we crept home.

Of course it's Sunday so I can't call the dealership. Rick will drive it over in the morning. (It's about 15 miles away to the shop.) and I'll follow him in his pickup and then I'll wait for the car. Sounds like a lovely Monday.

At home in Idaho the Hyundai dealership was at the end of our block (about 1/4 mile from the house.) Dang, I hate having car trouble. I only have 30,000 miles on the car.

At least we're home and I wasn't alone on the road or with the boys by myself. Once I start having trouble with a car it's really hard for me to trust it. (Kind of the same way I feel about people...)

We had a nice visit with the boys and Rachel. I helped her clean and put up decorations for Christmas. Rick went "saling" (as he calls it.) It's where they go out yard saling and going to Harbor Freight, Home Depot, etc., looking for good sales. (Isn't he clever? NSM)

I'm just shaking. I HATE having car problems. "Hate, hate, loathe," as the Grinch would say. Happy to be home. Happier when the car is fixed. Hope it doesn't end up being my Christmas present...

5 comments:

Herding Cats said...

Totally feel your pain. I just spent over 500 to get my car fixed. Mehhhh! Hope yours isn't as bad.

larainydays said...

Bummer! I'm glad you're home and hope the fix isn't too painful.

Liz said...

Car repairs are the hardest things to pay for. It feels like forking over your own arm!
Glad you're home safe. I thought of you as we were driving home from Thanksgiving and we passed Surprise. If we hadn't been dying to get home, I would have loved to stop and say hi. :-)

Nicole said...

I'm glad you made it home safely! I'm sorry you had car troubles though!

Lady Fromage said...

Ouch! I hate car trouble!

Blog Archive