Fun and chaos were had by all. It's been a madhhouse here since the troops rolled in. We opened presents the minute they raced in the door. They appreciated their toys. The books weren't an immediate hit. I think there has been too much going on to concentrate. We've watched "Open Season" and "The Fox and the Hound" about four times each. Last night we watched "The Wizard of Oz." I love that movie. The boys were asleep before the flying monkeys, thankfully. Those creatures are too scary for me, let alone 5-year olds. Rach and Rick thought the movie was made in the 50's. I told them 1939, and I was right. It's the same age as "Gone With the Wind." (They just don't make 'em like that anymore. Is that a sign I'm old? Don't answer that...)
The Gunman has been a champ. He's such a happy, contented baby. He rarely cries, smiles continually, sleeps well enough that I don't hear him, and eats like there's no tomorrow. He is definitely an easier baby than the twins were. Two at once was soooo much more difficult. One at a time is a real dream.
Yesterday the boys got hair cuts, went to some yard sales, and we visited a citrus grove and picked our own oranges. That was such fun. We felt like pioneers or early farmers foraging out in the wilderness for crops. The trees were half grapefruit and half orange fused together. Isn't that interesting. There was dried, horse manure between all the trees. (It reminded me of my grandpa and playing in his corrals with Peanuts, the 24-year-old horse.) We picked two huge sacks for $6 each.
Then we ate at a drive in that had Santa visiting. We ate outside. Isn't that wild. Dining al fresco in December. You don't do that in Idaho, let me tell you. Last night we built a fire for smores. The weather at 7 p.m. was about 65. It was so pleasant. Just delightful. However, for a few minutes here and there I miss snow.
Tonight I think we're driving down to Mesa after church to see the temple lights. I haven't seen that temple decorated for Christmas. I'm so anxious to see them with the boys.
They're leaving in the morning some time and returning to Las Vegas. They're going to California for Christmas. Kes's brother just got home from a mission to Mexico. It will be nice for everyone to get together for the first time in two years. There are three new babies that Jason hasn't seen. Such an exciting time for them.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
December
(22)
- Finally Tidy...
- Button, Button--Who's Got the Button?
- Over-Indulgence
- Merry Christmas!
- Moose Munch Man
- Perspective--
- Apron Anyone?
- The Star--Tarnished
- Pre-Christmas Visit
- Tree-less
- Skin Crawling Crazies
- Simple Gifts--a Good Fit
- Rachel's Griswold Party
- What to do? What to do?
- These things I DON'T know, for sure--
- Griswold Party
- Stiff Punishment
- Goodbye, Mrs. Rupard
- All Is Calm, All is Bright
- Car Trouble--Argh!
- Books, Beehive, and Boogying
- The Stocking is Done
-
▼
December
(22)
5 comments:
HI JO!!
WOW, I can tell you LOVE those boys and HAD SO MUCH fun with them!!
I could read the excitement in every line!!!I could feel it too!!!
They are so cute and growing so fast. I am not LDS but I LOVE to go to the Temple to see the Lights and the Displays, the reflecting pool in front is awesome!!!It is a very serene place to walk along and enjoy the TRUE meaning of christmas. The Birth of our Lord and Savior.
I so wish your kiddos lived closer to you, I know you miss them so much.
But what a fun weekend you all had.
I love the orange picking expedition as I love fresh squeezed OJ
have a great week
and a BIG MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!!!
hugs 2 my sweet blogging pal,
jamie
Sounds like you are having a grand time at your house. Me to here too. Or something like that. Got the Christmas Program over with at church this morning so now it's just a waiting week. I had an organ piece to play. Whew! Over with. I should call my dad in Twin and see what the weather is there. I miss snow until January 2 and then I never wanted it after that. :)
I was thinking the same things yesterday. We were shopping and doing errands in t-shirts and jeans, my girls included. On December 18! Insane.
I like your outfit in the orange grove pic. Sassy!
sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Just remember, snow is cold! :)
I'm sorry but I'm a tad bitter about the citrus picking and 65 degree weather!
The holidays are very different this year for us. The girls now have thier own lives, something I thought I would be happy about, and things will be rather quiet.
I guess it's all about change, how do you do it?
Post a Comment