Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Skin Crawling Crazies

Was it the small package of Swedish fish? (I'm sure loaded with red dye # 13.) Was it the chocolate bark my visiting teachers brought that I ate in one gulp? Is it atmospheric? I hear a low front or high front or some kind of front is moving through. Whatever it was, I was a quivering mess today.

Just felt like crawling the walls and all edgy. I wrapped some Christmas packages for the boys, went for a short walk, cleaned the sliding glass doors and vacuumed. Still creepy crawly crazy...

Brewed several cups of herbal chamomile tea. (Isn't it supposed to be calming?) Drank 3 or 4 small glasses of ice water and crunched down the ice. Nothing helps.

Just feel like a screamy yeamy. (No, I'm not sure what that is, but I feel like one. Trust me.)

Maybe I need to work harder, walk farther, get out more. My mind races, my skin itches, my legs have these racing little crampy things racing up and down. Rick just arrived home. Maybe that will make me feel better though the man has never been known to be calming. He's more like "a fart in a skillet" as my grandma would say. Oh, bother! Guess I'll have to hope that old age, fatigue, and time will just wear me down tonight so I can hope for a better day tomorrow.

5 comments:

Christmas-etc... said...

Oh no... sure hope you are better today! (And yes, sure do understand the feeling...not nice at all!)
Blessings for a better day to come!
Ann
PS BE sure to enter my GIVEAWAY!

Scrappy Girl said...

I am not crazy about that feeling either. Hope you are able to get some rest and start fresh tomorrow. {{hugs}}

RoeH said...

LOL! I'd have liked your grandmother. Hope everything has settled down.

Liz said...

Oh, I hate that. Unfortunately, the only thing that helps me is to go to sleep and try again the next day. A bath sometimes helps, too.
BTW, I really like "screamy yeamy." That's incredibly fun to say.

Nicole said...

I get that way sometimes... and love the gramma saying!

Blog Archive