It all started because I saw a picture of oldgraymare's studio with its primitive organizers for her fabric. Rick had snagged a saw for $10 at a swap meet and was dying to use it, so....he brought old, discarded pallets
home from work, tore them apart, and tah dah--I had a cubby organizer.
Next, I mixed turquoise paint I had with water thinking that the old wood would weather. It sucked up the paint and turned BRIGHT blue. I toned it down with tan paint and glaze.
Finally, we hauled it into my sewing room, rearranged it twice, and I set about organizing all the material, books, patterns, Pelon, and miscellaneous stuff. (I obviously hoard material along with buttons.)
Six baskets and crates, three drawers and five gallon ziplock bags of wrinkled and mushed fabric later...
I ironed, folded and stacked; I wrapped binding around empty toilet paper rolls and squares of cardboard; craft wire was untangled from ribbon and cording. And a mere three and a half days and three trips to the garbage later, it's much tidier.
Though not as lovely as oldgraymare's studio it is ever so much better than before. I am glad the Rickster was willing to build me this cubby structure and that I could get my material unmushed.
Next--the office/toy room. And that, my friends, is a horse of a different color. Or a mess of a different clutter. I rest.
| Fabric sorted by color and type, pattern books, buttons, and binding. |
| Lola gave her blessing. She was exhausted too. |
| The closet somewhat sorted... |
11 comments:
That turned out great. I feel organized just looking at it.
Love the organizer! Does the Rickster wanna drive to Missouri and make me one too :). But it does look great!
So cute!! I love anything old.
Way to go guys...that is awesome! I need one of those to. Love the color and what nice storage! :D
Ohhh, I love it! And the fact that the Mr. made this out of found materials, SCORE 2 EXTRA POINTS!
I try repeatedly to make sense of my craft/crap room, but to no avail:( I think I need to bite the bullet and get rid of some stuff. Before we moved I gave away a box the size of a washer to the D.I. of unfinished projects. You know what I say, the road to hell......
I love that turquoise color you keep using in your decor - You have it in your kitchen too I think! It is so pretty and fun and happy!
This organizer is awesome - Way to go!
Happy New Year!
It looks great and you can't beat the price. I've been looking at similar units in Ikea and they are so expensive.
Happy New Year!
Ohmygoodnessgracious!! That is just so awesome!!!!! How wonderful that you have a talented hubby to make that for you, and then you go and finish this nifty project! Go you!!
I haven't sewed in years although I used to like I stamp now. The movers broke my sewing machine 10 years ago and I never got a replacement. Miss it!
Now that you're all organized, you must be just itching to create!!
Happy New Year dear friend!
Good for you! I love love love the color ;-) I wanna follow your lead and ..FOCUS!
I know I am way behind in commenting and reading blogs, but I just had to tell you that your shelf is amazing. I love the size...the color...and it is perfect for all your sewing stuff.
KUDOS!!!
What a great job! I know how long,time consuming, mind numbing a job it is to fold and stack everything just so.... For me, it seems a never ending challenge esp after a whirlwind crafting session. Knowing everything does have a home makes it a bit easier and goodness knows it looks neater.
He's on a roll,keep him going, cubbies work in every room. : D
xx
z
Post a Comment