Thursday, January 13, 2011

3:45 A.M., You Say???

I'm going to see my mom again in a couple of weeks. It's been several months and I feel like a derelict daughter. You know I'm not "well travelled." (i.e. I never go any where fun) So to get ready for this two-day journey is quite a big deal for me.

I booked the flight two months or more ago so I could get a killer deal. If I had a life that would be tough to do. How do most people book ahead 2 or more months? Many things could come up if a person  actually did things. (luckily I don't)

I felt it was time to schedule a ride to the airport and back (remember, I DON'T drive in Phoenix traffic), a hotel in Idaho, and a rental car. This involves extensive (for me) planning and calling. Maybe you don't recall, but along with having no life, going no where, and not driving in heavy traffic, I also don't like booking or reserving stuff. I don't like calling on the phone or even scheduling online. It's something with the actual permanency of the commitment (I think.) I'm not sure what it is...

After 1 1/2 hours of nerve-racking planning, I now am all set. My palms are sweating and I've eaten a whole bag of animal crackers, but I'm booked. Now all I have to do is worry about everything until the day comes--which suitcase should I take, what shoes should I wear so that I can take them on and off at the air port, what will Lola do while I'm gone since Rick will be at work, how do I arrange seeing every one and doing everything in just two days. It's quite concerning for psycho-Jo. I swear I'm getting to be that odd, cat lady that talks to her self (minus the cats.)

Oh, and as for the title of this blog, since my flight leaves at 6:30, my ride picks me up at 3:45 A.M. (that's sooo early it's almost the night before.) Now I have to add worrying about being able to get to sleep, get up and ready and not sleep in. I'm just ridiculous, I know. Don't judge me...

10 comments:

RoeH said...

Hmmm...that's so much work, you really should turn two days into two weeks. I'm toying with going to California the 27th and don't know whether it's more work to fly or just drive myself. My car should know the way by now.

Liz said...

Oh my gosh. How much do I love that 2011 motto! That is fabulous.

Nicole said...

don't worry, I don't even like to call and order pizza. I got it in my head in high school that they'd judge me and i can't shake that thought so my husband schedules things for me :)

CB said...

If I lived closer I would be your "travel agent" I love to plan and do all that stuff!
I hope you don't stress to much and have a good time.

Mimi said...

HI!!!
Yeah If I lived by you, I would do all of this for you!!!I actually LOVE planning, like a crazy planning fool!!!Opposite of you, bso we would be great neighbors!!!You could calm me down, keep me home and I would be scheduling you for everything!!!haha
enjoy the trip!!I agree, that is very very early, and since I hate early, that would KILL me!!!
hugs 2 U,
jamie

Emily of Boston said...

I love planning trips. I get to do it a bit at work (for other people) which is pretty fun... and I'm jealous that my boyfriend planned our entire upcoming vacation. All that said, I can understand how nerve-wracking it can be to do all of this. It's like a puzzle, all of the pieces need to fit, and if one thing is wrong, the whole itinerary goes to shit.

I'm sorry, I just said the s-word on your blog... :(

just call me jo said...

No problem, Em. I say sh*@ a lot. (on and off blog) It's my favorite swear word. Sorry, people who are sensitive to cursing.

Katie said...

I always stress out before traveling. My biggest worry is sleeping through my alarm when I have to get up extra early to catch a flight. So far it's never happened, but that doesn't keep me from stressing over it.

Queenie Jeannie said...

It will be ok, you'll see. Although that IS pretty early.

Have a blast and stop worrying!

ain't for city gals said...

That's a whole lot of worrying Jo...maybe you could outsource all that worry?? or sell it on e-bay??

Blog Archive