I'm flying out tomorrow morning to go see my mom. Hope all goes well and I don't freeze my rear off. It's a lot colder in Idaho than here but I don't want to take heavy coats. So I'm layering and hope it works. I got a new purse so I can pack plane stuff in it and not have to take both a backpack and a purse. Then I found the brown shoes that are comfortable and high enough to wear with my long levis and I can run without aching feet. So important! (Remember what happened the last time I tried to make it to the bathroom with sore feet.)
The diagonal striped shirt is the attempt at layering and was $7.99, so I thought that would cheer me up. It doesn't take much. I'm easy.
I'm trying to read the book Pride and Prejudice again. I know I read it long ago because I've written notes in the margins, but I can't get into it. It's supposed to be one of the most popular books ever. In "You've Got Mail" Kathleen Kelly refers to it constantly. Could this fictional character be wrong? Never. So I'm slogging through the story. Even Darcy doesn't seem very enticing. I hope I never required this book as a reading assignment in school. If I did, I sincerely apologize.
I will return Friday afternoon, so the time away from blogville will be short. Carry on without me for a couple of days and pray I don't get frost bite in my native land.


10 comments:
Tell my dad hi. :)
HI JO!!!
HAVE FUN, stay warm and hug MOMMA for me!!!
I also read Pride and Prejudice along time ago, but I recall loving it!!So much formality, I guess because I had none I liked that!!!
I hope you don't freeze, I love that diagonal stripe top, very cute!!!
Be safe and have fun
hugs 2 u,
jamie
Oh, I'm so jealous! Have a wonderful time, and travel safely. Bring us back some snow. ;-)
Have a fun trip. We will await your safe return to a hopefully warmer Arizona.
oooo I hope you don't freeze without a heavy coat. I've never been to Idaho but still... seems very cold!
I love the references in You've Got Mail. But, I have to say, I cannot read it to save my life. I have tried numerous times. I think it's one of those books that you have to stick with it until you get to know the characters to enjoy it?
Have fun, Jo...If you see in the airport bookstore the paperback...These are My Words..grab it! It is good! Or The Other Boelyn(Sp?)Girl...really good...
Good luck and safe traveling!!! Say hi to your Mom from us too!
I love Jane Austen and have always been a big, big fan! I have a large book which has all her work in it. I hope you'll fall in love with this as it's my favorite of hers!
Thanks so much for stopping by to say hi! We love to see our Grandma Jo!
I skim thought the slow parts in those old novels, (heh, I'm reading one now, that is often compared to Pride and Prejudice) and a fun thing to do with Jane Austin is listen to it as an audio book! You can do other things, like the house work, and still get the good parts of the dialogue that are so witty!
Stopping by to meet new people! Glad I did...hope your trip goes well and nothing gets too frozen!
Post a Comment