Sunday, January 2, 2011

Nonsense!

You say this is Arizona? Really? Cause it kind of feels like the frozen tundra of Siberia must feel. (I've never been but I did see "Dr. Zhivago" forty-some years ago.) I know it's not exactly titillating to comment on the weather, but this is just colder than a witch's heart here, people. This is the third day and I'm more sick of it than that little kid on the Hanes commercial whose dad dips his feet in white gunk.

Our church started at 8 a.m. Rick had his first meeting at 6:30. The time will be fine, I think. I enjoyed getting out by 11. It was so civilized and much easier than waiting around for 2 p.m. as we did before. However, and I hesitate to return to the weather, but it was frigid in the building. The furnace hasn't worked in a while evidently because it never got above 60 in the building. At least no one slept during the meetings...I hope the bishop doesn't get any ideas...

I'm watching "the battle of the losers" football game between the AZ Cardinals and the 49ers. Neither team has had a very successful year, poor dears. And the Cardinals seem to be the worst of the worse. At least SF has an entertaining interim coach now that Singletary was fired. He's some blue-color guy who's never been a head coach in the NFL. It's like watching your dad coach a pro team. He's so common and enthused. I hope the 49ers win just for his sake.

I realize that this is a blog full of nonsense, but that may be my word of 2011--nonsense.  I read other blogs with the ambitious goal of words like begin and stretch. I commend those women for their lofty goals. But I am not going to set my aim too high. I think nonsense fits me perfectly and I'm sticking with it. I often take life too seriously and worry too much. I find myself hyperventilating over ridiculous drivel. I'm so excited to have this opportunity to show what I'm made of and to see if I can achieve nonsense almost every post of this new year. Whata ya think? Can I do it? I'm putting all my money on it in 2011--

7 comments:

RoeH said...

Ohh...goals - schmoals! You'll not see that nonsense on my blog. I had a blogger quite some time ago that told me she never knew what she was going to get on my blog. And that's pretty well put. I never know what's going on until it's posted. Sometimes I surprise myself.

And you're lucky. (I think.) I play the organ and all the heat vents must've been pointed up and down to the front this morning. Thought I'd die mid-meeting from heat stroke. :)

larainydays said...

You know how I love nonsense...sounds like a good start.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope you can warm up soon!! It's very cold here too. Any consolation??? LOL

Big Fat Gini said...

It's good to have goals, like buying yourself a propane torch and vowing to buy more Vera Bradley. But, it's also good to know yourself and just work on being you without all of the extra goo...you know?

(you probably don't, but it sounds good!)

I love nonsense and I look forward to reading more from you! Thanks for stopping in!

Nicole said...

heheehe... you crack me up :) I love it!

life in red shoes said...

I hope you came home and took a hot bath, that's about the only thing that chases the chills for me!
Our meetings cahnged from 9- I only went a handful of times, to 1! I love the late slot, sleep in, fix breakfast...
And nonsense? I LOVE NONSENSE! But in my world, I call it....shit:)

life in red shoes said...

Changed, sorry teacher lady;)

Blog Archive