Sallied to Scottsdale yesterday with nothing much to show for my effort. You know how I hate driving any where out of my comfort zone, which is pretty small. I'm not sure Scottsdale was the place to go if one is bordering on depression. I thought a dose of Anthropologie would cheer me up, but there was nothing I could talk myself into. I did see a new Bentley parked outside one store. It was quite purty though not exactly my favorite car. You just don't see 'em that often around here. It looked a little like an old-style Lincoln town car only sleeker.
I did buy the poster I showed on my blog about the bird, happy, and French fries...got it on etsy.com. Thought that might cheer me. It's worth a try.
The Gunman had his shots yesterday and was sick and awake all night. Poor little bruiser. He's such a trooper. I miss his warm snuggliness, but maybe when he feels better and sleeps more consistently. I hate seeing my grands when they are puny.
So, as you can see, I'm without subject matter and a glimmer of inspiration for a post. It never stopped me before, and by golly I will not let it slow me down in 2011. Just plow on and pretend that you're interesting and I'm sure that the actual trait will manifest itself...Isn't there some kind of acting theory like assume the position and the emotion will follow--or some loose translation of that?
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
January
(24)
- Nissan Service Department
- New Post
- I'm Off to See the Wizard...
- Cardboard Cow
- Bits and Pieces
- Stand for Perpetually-On Television
- Six--Quirks
- Thank you. The Jury Is In...
- Kindle??
- Tex, the Cardboard Longhorn
- I Need...
- Gunman Rolls and Twins Rock
- 3:45 A.M., You Say???
- I Once Had a Farm in Africa...
- Burlap Wreath
- Arizona Shootings
- Real Shoes Hurt--Bad...
- Sunset and Second Chances
- Nothin' Big
- Look Up
- Re: Haircut
- Nonsense!
- Fire and Ice
- Arizona Icecaps
-
▼
January
(24)
8 comments:
I learned in an acting class that if you want to manufacture an emotion, remember the smell associated with it. "If you smell it, it will come"
this time of year, I think a lot of people feel that way... so I wouldn't worry about it to much! I hope the baby gets to feeling much better!
I am so glad you ordered that poster...it was so cute.
I'm sorry the shopping trip was a bust. Big hugs!!
I love Scottsdale. But I probably could never fit in there. I was just deciding to go to Anthropologie's today but then I got way-layed with cleaning out the fridge. So thrilling. I go there lots but rarely buy anything. Because I'd want it all.
After all the Holiday Hoopla from Thanksgiving to New Years I feel the same way - everything has simmered down and thankfully life is a little bland right at the moment. I'm also sick so that sucks! Ha ha
Still love to come visit you!
Scottsdale could make anyone feel depressed...lol...I always feel like need a complete make over when I go there to shop...or at least a manicure and pedicure!...
"bordering on depression"? go eat a fry!!
Post a Comment