The sky was absolutely coral for as far as I could see--the whole sky. I ran to get my camera, snapped this photo and fizzle--My camera and my talent do nothing for its splendor. Trust me though, it was glorious.
Have you seen the delightful story of the homeless man, Ted Williams, who was viewed on the internet when a reporter shot some video and posted it? He has a marvelous voice. Now he is on the Today show, has an offer for jobs with the Cavaliers and several other organizations. He's been offered a home and countless chances to redeem himself. He has been free of drug use for two years (he claims.) Oh, that he will be able to clean up his life and take the offers give. It's a grand redemption story. Pray he makes it and that life will prove rewarding for this seemingly nice man.
Look around for second chances and opportunities to do better today than yesterday and help some one else with a kindness and caring.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
January
(24)
- Nissan Service Department
- New Post
- I'm Off to See the Wizard...
- Cardboard Cow
- Bits and Pieces
- Stand for Perpetually-On Television
- Six--Quirks
- Thank you. The Jury Is In...
- Kindle??
- Tex, the Cardboard Longhorn
- I Need...
- Gunman Rolls and Twins Rock
- 3:45 A.M., You Say???
- I Once Had a Farm in Africa...
- Burlap Wreath
- Arizona Shootings
- Real Shoes Hurt--Bad...
- Sunset and Second Chances
- Nothin' Big
- Look Up
- Re: Haircut
- Nonsense!
- Fire and Ice
- Arizona Icecaps
-
▼
January
(24)
13 comments:
I know the feeling. I love beautiful skies and a camera just doesn't seem to ever do them justice.
I love the story of the homeless man. I am cheering for his success.
That story was amazing. Amazing! I didn't expect that voice to come out of that man's mouth. Such a surprise.
Expect the unexpected. Words to live by. Thank you for the reminder...
beautiful photo! And we can all look/learn from second chances!
The same thing happens to me! I run for my camera and it's just never the same. Maybe it's the world's way of reminding us that we can't improve on the beauty God creates for us. :-)
I have heard that story. And I hope he uses his notoriety for good. He does have a beautiful voice!
ditto,ditto, ditto!
and I think the photo is lovely!
Beautiful sky!!
I just read a few minutes ago that the homeless guy was reunited with his mother and hugged her for the first time in 20 years. Amazing!
Beautiful shot and that was such a wonderful story.
My hubs always tells the kids to read the signs people down on their luck hold. You never know what they are telling you and how little you can do to help them.
Isn't that a great story??? Loved it!
And I'm lovin your new bloggy look!! Very festive and lovely!
HI FRIEND!!!!!
I Love our Sunsets, all of them, but the ones we have had the past few days are SPECTACULAR!!!!!
Love the coral and purple hues!!!It is indeed a love affair with the eye and the sky!!!
I was so happy watching all that footage of that homeless MAN, made me cry over and over again. YES, indeed when given a second chance RUN with it, gather it UP and fly with it!!!!
Many hugs to you my dear friend!!!
hugs,
jamie
GLAD YOU BOUGHT THE POSTER and for much less I bet!!!
I like it too!!!
I am a skeptic, but then you that by now. I also wish all good things for this man and others like him:)
Sorry about the Gunman, hate to see the little ones suffer.
And I do believe I also need that poster, too funny!
I hope you stop feeling puny yourself, I may have to come down there and cheer you up;)
P.S. I have no photo shillz.
That is a great shot of the sunset....I always feel like my pictures don't do the moment justice.
Post a Comment