Monday, February 7, 2011

The Bug Man Cometh

I spent Sunday lying on the couch in a puddle of pity. Bad migraine that kept me down the whole day. I hate when that happens. Rick was such a "helper." He sacrificed going to church to stay home and care for me. (psht!) I guess it wasn't a complete lie. He did stay home and I was there too, but let me tell you there is no special care going on. He checks once in a while to see if I'm still breathing when he passes to go to the fridge.  (He will answer to God for that one, I tell you.)

And speaking of fridge, which I just barely was...It really bothers me when people say "fridgerator." Have you heard this? Maybe I watch too much HGTV. Anyway, I find it most annoying. Either call it a "fridge" or a "refrigerator." What's with fridgerator ? Argh!

Though I didn't think I'd like the Super Bowl game this year, I did. I must admit I was glued to my set (figuratively speaking, of course.)  It was an exciting game. And I personally didn't love any of the ads THAT much this year.

The bug man is coming to spray for creepy crawlies today. Only in Arizona do they worry about killing bugs in February. He was going to fumigate last week but it froze and blew and I called to tell them not to come. So they wait until the next ray of sun and come the first day possible. One of the irritating things is that they give you a "window" of coming somewhere from 8 to 5. And the customer has to be home. Thanks, bug killers. That works really well for my schedule. I have nothing else to do but wait for you. I'm going to shower now really fast hoping that I won't miss you during that time. I'm held captive by exterminators. Sigh!

10 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Killing bugs? In February? Really?

Just send them to me and I'll freeze their little bug-butts off.

Sorry about the migraine. I'm afraid those are my constant companions as well.
I would NOT survive without Imitrex.
And you are right...
the hubs will have to answer to God.

Enjoy waiting around all day for the exterminators to come. If I lived in Arizona and their was the remote chance of any NASTY bugs in my house, I would follow the guy to the moon and maybe even make him dinner. I'd do anything NOT to have bugs.

Ya it's a fridge.

RoeH said...

Don't ya' just hate that? I had an appointment today with the garage door fixer and his time slot was between 12 and 6. Yeah..thanks! I told them to come another day. I can't bring home a DIL and child and new baby and be home for the fixer at the same time. But then I wait for no man.

larainydays said...

I want to become a bug man so I can spy on people. Wouldn't that be a great blog?

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Mr. B is the same way..big baby when he's sick, but when I am..he just kinda is there.

Game? Good.. I always root for the underdogs..and when Mr. B was a kid, his team name was the Green Bay Packers! Commercials? Not so much..EXCEPT the one from Utah (!) that won the million - the pug smashing the door to get the Doritos? Loved it!

Nicole said...

I say refrigerator most of the time although sometimes I say fridge. but I say the first so fast sometimes it sounds like I leave my re off... but yeah I hate fridgerator.

Yeah and those between 8-5, those of us who work can't exactly ALWAYS take off just to accommodate them. they suck :)

Emily of Boston said...

'Either call it a "fridge" or a "refrigerator."'

100% agreed!!

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I LOVED THE GAME< the only ad I really loved was the kid size darth vader, cuz I love kiddos!!!
It is called a refrigerator, anything else to me sounds kind of like a hick or to lazy to say the real word!!My hubby comes up with made up words sometimes and I say you were born in Calif where do you get his stuff from????
HAHA
glad you feel better, leave the house when the bug guy sprays!!
Healthier!!
hugs 2 U,
jamie

Holly said...

Hey! You got those little black water beetle bugs in your bathroom? I always seem to get them this time of year in Arizona. Better check under tht frigerator while you're at it.

CB said...

I would have never pegged you for a SuperBowl watcher!!
Yayyy for the bug man - may be a pain but bugs = ick!

ain't for city gals said...

Hey..get to feeling better..we spray for our own bugs and we don't do it during the winter...though we are a little colder than you ...

Blog Archive