Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Service and Cowgirl Hair

Well, evidently Google doesn't know "cowgirl hair" either. What? The closest I could find was 60s bouffant with what I call the propeller bow. That exact hairdo I had in the 60s, I'm sorry to say, but mine wasn't blond. That isn't quite cowgirl hair, but it's close. You know kind of like early Dolly Parton or Loretta Lynn. Cowgirl hair is lots of poof, teasing, spray and volume. I'm afraid I might be alone in my understanding of this fine term. But at least now you know.
Surprise Pride Day was quite fun until it started raining, blowing dirt, and cooling off. But we were nearly done by then. Rick and I painted along with dozens of others from our church (ward)--two houses. There were backhoes filling dumpsters with garbage. It was impressive. I'm glad we went. It is nice to work hard (Liz) and give service.
Now I'm home watching the Nationwide race of Nascar's Daytona 500. I think I need a little nap after all that exertion. Have a good weekend, y'all.


11 comments:

CB said...

Jo I am truly thinking that you need to post a picture of Yourself with cowgirl hair!!

I dare you!! (snicker snicker)

Holly said...

Surprise Pride Day sounds great. They are doing the same thing here in Peoria but I'm not participating so good for you! We are also watching Nascar and I'm making Paula Deen's goulash since it's a favorite around here when the weather turns cold. Stay dry!

Cindy said...

Cowgirl hair?? Hmmm. Guess I need a pic to show just what that is. Please.....

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Really?
That's cowgirl hair?
Google.......maybe it doesn't know everything after all.

Sounds like you got some awesome stuff accomplished today.
Hope you enjoyed the race AND a nap!

Mimi said...

HI!!
now I am so curious as to what COWGIRL hair is???So many cowgirls out my way, I may ask some of the "older"gals and see if they know!!
Now I am curious!!!
Great job helping in the community!!
Love that!!
hugs,
jamie

Liz said...

Wasn't the weather crazy? It blew like a tornado out here in Mesa and then rained like mad for awhile. I think that was the most weather I've seen since moving here!
I agree with everyone else - I think we're going to need a pic of Jo cowgirl hair to really understand the phenomenon. We'll be waiting.

RoeH said...

Hmmm....painting a house or the race track.

I'll take the house.

It sounds like you had fun.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I know what cowgirl hair is..but it's probably more redily known as "Texas Hair"..you know..the bigger the hair the closer to God? Have a great Sunday and enjoy your day at the races :-)

Nicole said...

Cowgirl hair... interesting.... that girl doesn't look like much of a cowgirl to me :)

enjoy your life said...

very nice shirt color keep it up i really love your post superb
shoes uk

Melanie's Randomness said...

I love cowgirl hair!! The Coalminer's daughter is one of my favorite movies! I loved the 60's style hair-do. I'm quite jealous of it. =)

Blog Archive