Monday, February 21, 2011

Old Movies and Cat Book

OK--enough about the hair. I'll never mention big hair again. It's a non-issue.

In an attempt to slog on to a new subject, I'm left with what I'm doing right now--watching the end of "The African Queen" and waiting for "Breakfast at Tiffany's." It's a countdown to the Oscars on AMC.  "Moon River" is playing as I type and I'm looking at a '57 Chevy and Audrey on the streets of New York. Not so sure this is what I need as a cheer-up today but it's all I can find.

I've been reading the sequel to the book Dewey. It's nine stories about cats and cat people. Unfortunately, I get sad when I read such stories. It makes me miss all the pets I've had and lost. Maybe not the book I should read right now.

George Peppard--is that who the male lead is in this movie? It's kind of silly so far. I'll have to keep watching...Have you seen this movie? I can't remember what it's about. It's not the alcoholic one. That's "The Apartment." Holly Golightly?? Mickey Rooney is supposed to be Oriental? I'm sure movie makers wouldn't be politically correct today doing that. Times have changed.

5 comments:

CB said...

I really like watching old movies but I have to say that many times I think they are kind of corny too. It's fun to think that people might actually have been that way.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sounds like some awesome old movies that you are waiting for.

I'm going to have to go get that book. You have mentioned it a few times and it sounds delightful/beautiful/sad.

Have a wonderful day!

RoeH said...

I always wanted Holly Golightly's name.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I love pet books..usually end up crying for happiness/sadness..but still reminded of all they bring to our lives..

Movies have changed SOOO much! Can you imagine Audrey swearing? Or any of the classical actors? And, corny or not, I love them...reminds me of times, although we that didn't actually live through it, romanticize just the same..

Have a Fun-Monday, OK?

larainydays said...

I love the new pic. You look beautiful.

Blog Archive