Sunday, February 13, 2011

Overdose

Ugh! I think I overdosed on vegetables and fruit. Our dinner last night was packed with goodness--sauteed mushrooms, salmon patties with mushrooms and peppers, cooked carrots, strawberry shortcake...I'm drowning in vitamins and goodness.

Those of you who said this food was hard to use up are soooo right. There's a mountain of produce on the counter and I'm craving dark chocolate. I simply don't think I'm cut out for even that much of a slide toward veganism.

Still a bit grouchy. I must think of something to cheer me. Did I mention I'm craving chocolate? Dark chocolate and lots of it. I must go get ready for church.

I realize this isn't a terribly interesting post, but I had to get the picture of all of that produce off my blog. I think I'll find out if there's a Bountiful Chocolate Basket outlet somewhere. Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. I'll just take some chocolate, please.

9 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Mmmm...dark chocolate! I actually keep some in my fridge at all times because when I need it, I can't wait. I have to have it RIGHT then.

Mimi said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!
All that healthy stuff!!!
I HATE dark Chocolate, except in ALMOND JOY, now why is that???
I prefer regular chocolate, but I really don't ever crave it, I crave weird sour candy!!
Like Sour licorice....but since I gave up candy in Aug. I really do not miss it, after the first few weeks the cravings went away along with COKE--I mean Coca Cola!!!
I drink tea--sometimes rasp tea mixed with lemondade, so delicious!!!Try it you will love it,and the rasp tea has NO caffeine!!
Hugs,
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
jamie

CB said...

Yes. I have been hearing about the bountiful baskets for awhile now. We finally got one here in our area but I have never went and purchased one.
I love chocolate too!

Liz said...

A chocolate Bountiful Basket. Now that is what nature intended.
P.S. Half.com is amazing. You can buy new, like-new or used books and movies and music there for excellent prices. It's an eBay company. I LOVE this site!

life in red shoes said...

Hey Jo, I buy the Dove dark in the bags and pop them in the freezer. It's heavenly to let one melt in your mouth, and frozen they take their sweeet time:)

Anonymous said...

all of your fruits and veggies look wonderful. couldn't you just dip them all in chocolate? ok that might be overdoing it. but i hope you got your dark chocolate fix!

Holly said...

I thought it sounded like a great idea when I read your blog but I knew it was way too much veg and not enough mac and cheese. Too bad you can't order half a basket.

Anonymous said...

Just found your site and skimmed through some of your posts ... you are one funny lady! I, too, am in Arizona and growing anything except cactus is difficult. Just moved to Lake Havasu from Tucson ... going to be a hot, hot summer. Are you close by?

Katie said...

A bountiful chocolate basket is the best idea I have ever heard!

Blog Archive