Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Giant Auger...

My intestinal track feels as if a giant auger is boring its way through it. Hope I didn't share too much...But I wanted you to know I'm in pain. You know Rick has no sympathy/nursing genes so he's useless.

I don't know if it's something I ate or something I caught or just orneriness, but whatever--it is unpleasant and I'm most ready for it to leave my system NOW!! You'd think this would aid my weight loss, but you might recall that unless I'm repelling food orally, I pretty much think eating will heal all ills. So I keep trying to find soothing sources to quell the stabbing and growling. Sheesh!

I thought my hair was finally getting to a manageable plateau. That was only true for one day, so I'm still struggling. I'd probably yank it out right now, but I'm kind of weakened by my ailments today. I will wait until I am stronger. Who needs hair to look nice when you're in the throes of demise?

I looked through my bills yesterday and found out that I hadn't mailed off the water payment that was due yesterday. Crap! I hate when that happens. I'm super OCD when it comes to paying obligations. Now I'm panicked Arizona American Water will shut me off. Will I scare the neighbors if I walk to the mailbox in my jammies with my hair sticking up every which way? I'll have to make a "run" for it. (a really slow run...)

I'll be fine tomorrow, I'm sure. But in case something unforeseen happens, make sure my hair is fixed nicely. (That's gonna be a real challenge right now. I'm telling you...)

7 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Aww..feel better! Hopefully it's just a 24 hour buggie and you'll feel your best tomorrow!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

H pylori.

Yup.

That's my internet diagnosis.

I hope you get feeling better soon.
I wouldn't worry too much about what the neighbors think.
It's better than you coming to their house to borrow water or something.

RoeH said...

Hey...I've worn pajamas more places than I ever thought I would. And my mother would have a fit about it. You go, girl!

life in red shoes said...

Here at Red Shoes Headquarters we all have we call The Turner Bad Guts.
The doc told us to start taking probiotics, we get them at good old Costco. Might be worth a try?
And for hells sake Jo, wear a scarf for a couple of weeks til the hair grows a bit. If anyone asks tell them you're a Russian Grandma:)

Liz said...

Yeah, heck with the neighbors. I think everybody runs outside in their jammies once in awhile. I got the Sunday paper in my robe this week!

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I loved your first one - no clarification needed. *Sending hugs and thanks and something really yummy your way!*

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm sorry hun!! I hope you feel better really, really soon!

Too many veggies?? Sounds like the "roughage" was too rough on you!

Mimi said...

SO YOU HAVE THAT STOMACH BUG....OH NO :>(
MISS C had it for 7 days maybe 8, it was awful!!!
Mommy and I missed it, I don't know how as I slept with MISS C for 2 nights.
WHEW, I hate to throw up and I hate the aches and pains , so I am grateful for missing it.
Take care of yourself.
hugs,
jamie

Blog Archive