Thursday, February 10, 2011

Meaner Than Cat Crap

Perhaps not nice to say, but believe me I could say worse, and might before this post is over. I have no reason for my nastiness. I'm not even gonna try to find an excuse. I just feel cranky and snippy. Deal with it. Move on if it isn't your desire to hear griping.

First of all, my hair is driving me nuts. I had dreams all night about getting it styled and fixed. Of course, now I can't remember any of the solutions so that just ticked me off too. I AM a short-hair person. Yes. But all I'm asking is for my hair to be a little longer than a butch dyke's hair. I just once in 50 years want a different hair style that isn't the same as 80% of the old ladies in Arizona and around the aging world. I'm sick of it, I tell you. Sick of it!

So when my daughter called today with the latest update on the boys, I asked her what she thought I could do so my hair could grow a tad and not be yanked out by my own hands. She has fine hair and mine is just a little south of horse hair, so she don't know. She did tell me that she was getting wrinkles and that her husband said he knew she would when he saw me 12 years ago. Thank you, SIL. I can't tell you how much that endeared you to me. I do believe I was less wrinkled before he came into our lives. So there...

Counting calories makes me testy, too. Damn fat cells! I've eaten under 1100 calories for 2 days and have lost about 1/2 pound. Hells bells! Not the results I want, y'all. I'll bet it's my long hair that's adding the weight. Don't you think?

I gave Lola a bath. I know you don't care but I must list it as one of the reasons I'm perturbed. She shakes and wiggles and shakes again. Luckily I bathed her before my shower or I'd look worse than I do now. She's over there lying in a sun puddle as if she has the need to be recharged or something. Silly shih tzu!

Finished Fatal Error, J.A. Jance book. Blech! It was fine, but I just don't think it was worth what it cost even if she did sign it. Now I just feel guilty and wasteful if I donate it somewhere. I'm reading Great Expectations (and not because Oprah suggested it.) I just had it on hand and after Pride and Prejudice I thought I'd give it a shot. It's not doing a lot to cheer me, I'll tell ya. Pip indeed...

Let's see. Is there anything else I can gripe about? I guess that's about it for now. If I thought a minute I'm sure I'd be able to lengthen the list of  annoyances, but then no one wants to read more rants. I'll close now and go add some gel to my drooping hair. Dang it!

8 comments:

ain't for city gals said...

Poooor Jo! my oh my...on the hair...mine is the same..the only way is to grow it out and not look in the mirror...I don't color anymore and that is hard and I fight it every other day then I tell myself geezz louise...sheryl..who cares..quit complaining..you are so lucky!...going to have good weather this week..yay!

just call me jo said...

Yes, as my mother used to say, "Shut up and be glad you have hair!" She is so wise! (And a little mean, I must say.)

Emily of Boston said...

I can't believe your son-in-law said that bit about the wrinkles. Excuse me... but what a prick. Men are so stupid/rude/clueless sometimes. :(

Have you considered just putting product in your hair, mussing it every which way, and letting it do its own thing? That wouldn't be typical old lady hair. Or maybe go find some cute headbands or something. Hair accessories in short hair are so cute!!

Holly said...

Well crap....what a day you're having! Know what? Hair sucks. It's stupid. Mine always looks like a red/brown football helmet and I haven't changed the style in years. Stop counting calories and let's meet at Baskin Robbins in Surprise for ice cream, we'll wear hats!

RoeH said...

I'll get you in with my hair guy. His name is Mack and owns The Tantrum here in Mesa. He's great! My hair is my one luxury.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Weeeelll...my hubby said my "trying-to-grow-my-old-lady-hair-out" was actually making me look OLDER! And, I have to admit..I think he was right. So, I went even SHORTER than before! Now it looks similar to Jaime Lee Curtis' hair..spiky, gelled, messy and EASY! I will never ever have good long hair..it's just to thin, to limp and too gray..so I work with what I have..and after being bald with chemo..I guess it's OK..
SIL probably is not a jerk, but he WAS exhibiting jerk-like tendencies...

Nicole said...

hehehe you crack me up! I love it! So I found a diet book... I was grumpy last week too because it was 1200 calories but I lost 5 1/2 lbs. It says to lose up to 6 lbs in your first week. Not bad seeing as though I cheated over the weekend from it :)... It's called the Carb Lover's Diet. You could look into it... also don't weigh yourself every day... now remind me of that too :)

Mimi said...

HI!!!
IT took me 3 weeks before I lost 1 single pound, so hang in there, I did loose all 15 of my menopause weight gain, but I made a big mistake and got on the scale the other morning and I have gained 4 of it back, so it is back to watching what I eat and walking/jogging on the tread mill again!!!Stick with it!!
Grow your hair out a bit, it takes a while and you will go nuts waiting for it but it is worth it!!You will like it I think!!
HUGS,
jamie

Blog Archive