My family had an intervention and made me go get a new camera. You know, because I'm a photography school drop out--literally. I was the student in photography class that the teacher used to show what not to do. I'm NOT kidding.
I have no sense of compostion, etc., etc. I'm so clueless I don't even know what I don't know.
My daughter tried to give me a 5-minute tutorial. Sadly, I'm still not proficient.
She and the littlest one have returned home. The grandtwins and I made a run today to get hair cuts, toys, and lunch at McDonald's. What more could a grandma do? Oh, we did swim this afternoon and we're watching Open Season 3 right at the moment. I bought Tangled (for me.) I had to explain to the grands that the cost of Tangled would not come out of their individual toy/movie budget. It would be a "grandma jo" expense. These kids are pretty business savy.
Last night we played in the pool with a bumper boat their mom bought at a yard sale for $5. It only took 8
D batteries to make the silly thing run...sigh!
These pictures were not taken by me because they are reasonably good. These are most likely taken by Rachel or Rickster. But I downloaded/uploaded--put them on the computer all by myself. Pretty good, huh? And in the future I hope I'll be able to take decent pictures.
Still grandchildsitting so this is all for now. I must run fix dinner and brace for the evening shift of activities. Gasp!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
April
(20)
- Frippery
- Onward!
- Heavy, Heavy Hangs...
- Blog Science
- It's Tuesday Again
- Scenes from Easter Weekend with the Boys
- Saturday in the Park--
- Surviving, Duh!
- Photo Shoot
- Cactus Flowers and Donkey Rear
- Wild Animals
- Thanks, Rickster!
- The Best Advice I Never Got...
- It Was A Dark and Stormy Night...
- Expectation vs. Actuality
- Forward Forgiveness
- Excuse me? Pardon me?
- Arizona--Surprise!
- Saturday, Saturday!
- Eighties in the Shade...
-
▼
April
(20)
11 comments:
How fun fun fun to spend time with your grandchildren!! Those boys look sooo happy in their little boat - I think it looks pretty cool too!
Heck I think it looks cool just to be in the pool since I froze all my parts off last night sitting at a baseball game. You know Idaho - Beautiful blue skies, Sunny, snow topped mountains and cold as the tundra!!
Hang in there grandma. They are so cute.
I never took any pictures at all...baring those Brownie Hawkeye camera bad pictures as a teenager that took TWO LONG WEEKS TO SEE THE PHOTOS!!! I bought a camera a couple of years ago and have really had fun with it. It's not as hard as I thought it was. You'll learn to love it.
Best of luck getting through the rest of the week! You're a great grandma.
Have tons of fun with the kiddos....and good luck with the new camera!
You're doing great...with the kids and the camera!
And I think you rock this Grandma thing ;)
I have no idea what I'm doing with my camera either. What did you get? Your grandkids are so darn cute. McDonalds and Grandmas rock!
Hey long time no see. Sorry, I've been super busy and the blogging world didn't exist for a bit. I love seeing all the cool pics you post of kiddos, sunsets, etc. Keep up the good work. I think you do great!
I love Tangled! I think it would be wonderful to take beautiful pictures but mine never look as nice as I would like. However, it is the memories pictures capture that matter not the skill of the photographer.
Have a great time with the grandkids.
Much better pictures. Now you just need to master it. :) Have fun with your boys. You are such an involved grandma. They'll always cherish their grandma time. Enjoy!
ah, such cuties!!
Post a Comment