When Lola heard the hee-hawing and started barking wildly, the four females ran into trees one way and the male ran the other direction. They were sleek and healthy looking and apparently unafraid of anything we did except for Lola's mouthiness.
And speaking of wild animals, the grand kids are coming to spend a WEEK--a full week--mind you. Their mama and Gunnar will be here Monday and Tuesday. Then they will leave and the twins will stay here until Easter Sunday. I'm anxious to see them but...you know...I worry. Lots of wildness will ensue, I fear. I'm concerned about my ability to endure to the end...
I probably won't be blogging much until after the dust settles in a week. If you hear a strange sound coming from Arizona it's me imitating the braying of the lead ass trying to round up the herd.
10 comments:
After being here with two LOUD girls and their LOUDER father, I'm hearing your grief. Two more weeks of this????!
HI!!
I have seen ALOT of animals --living here my entire life...but never wild burros!!
HOW cool!!Love and Miss Lake Pleasant. We have Canyon Lake close and Saguaro ...
enjoy your visitors!!
hugs,
jamie
I enjoy Lake Pleasant, as long as I have a good book to read while the Mr. fishes. Hope to see you soon, after the dust settles.
Don't forget the carwash as a coping mechanism.
I have never seen a wild burro. Nice pics. Have a great week with the kids.
The lead ass!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are killin' me.
Ya, I know the apprehension of babysitting a herd. It's a wonderful/painful experience.
I think your weather looks warm. I might come and stay with you for the week. With all the crazyness going on maybe you won't notice one more mouth to feed peanut butter and jelly to and the extra laundry.
Good luck with the grandtwins! Hope it stays cool(ish) so you can unleash them outside!
You make me laugh! Oh goodness... that last paragraph was pure genius. :) Enjoy your time with your family!
Right now, my mother-in-law (in Memphis) takes our oldest for about three weeks over the summer, then he flies to my sister-in-law's in Phoenix. I'm looking forward to the day they're willing to take all four, though I won't envy them for sure.
Enjoy your time with those grandkids! They grow way too fast!
hehe you crack me up! But I didn't know there were still wild Burros. That's cool!
Post a Comment