Thursday, May 5, 2011

Just Poop Sucky

I've tried all day to post something interesting. Started two different times and deleted both of them.

I had planned to go to daughters next week to be there for the boys' birthday. Now, I don't know if I should. Can I keep my mouth shut? Can I not stress out with their hectic life--lost homework, buying expensive items that I don't agree with, over-scheduling every day so that they all run around like crazy people with no plan and hysteria in their eyes, letting friends come over when homework is not done and not even found. I don't know if I have the strength...Really! We shall see. I don't like their brand of chaos which is massive and on steroids and head popping off your shoulders crazy!

I had a pedicure this morning and my heels are still rough. Damn! So I paid $21.00 to have my toes painted and now I don't even like the color and my heels are rough.

A little cranky maybe? Well, perhaps more than a little. I feel fat and I am fat and I can't stop eating.

I have too many books to read at the same time again. That feels like I'm teaching again and I don't like that feeling. For the past two nights I've dreamed about teaching school, teaching how to write a research paper. And somewhere in the mess I'm also attending college and I miss a class. Just don't go. I've dreamed this before. And I'm scared that I'll fail out of college and then I'm back to teaching the research process and I wake up talking aloud about footnotes and bibliographies and sheer nonsense. Which is pretty much what most of my 33 years of teaching was, if truth be known. So sad!

At one point today I was going to post about how the expression "He who hesitates is lost" isn't valid. Why the heck I thought that was a titillating idea is beyond me. I was spraying weeds when I contemplated the subject and I just had some charming points to make. Then when I came in to write it, I couldn't make it work. Maybe I sniffed too much weed spray. Then the bug man came and I went to get the useless pedicure and now I'm just bamboozled completely about all kinds of things. So I'll just end this and go work on those calluses and try to decide if I want to go to Vegas and have my head explode or just stay home.

8 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Well, I'm just plain interested in what you decide to do.
I think Vegas sounds like a party, unless you are babysitting or something like that.

You do not sound cranky....but dreaming about research papers????? That sounds like a nightmare for sure.

Maybe take a ton of chocolate with you to the games and partying and have a little overdose of that. That should get you through the rough parts of the trip.

As far as the rough parts of your heels....call and complain. Sheesh, if I come away from a pedicure with rough heels I would be worse than cranky.

AZ Larsens said...

Your daughter's life sounds similar to mine, but without buying expensive things. haha! :)

Okay so I have a recurring dream that it's the first day of a new semester (at BYU since that's where I went to school) and I don't know my schedule, don't have my books, etc. We need to have our dreams analyzed. I'm sure it means something important!

RoeH said...

Interesting, isn't it, what goes through your head that you think would be bloggy materiel. Then I go back to sleep and forget whatever it was that I thought of during the night.

Holly said...

Ummmm. Wow. It's like that, is it? Just poop sucky. Now that's funny. If I were you I wouldn't go to Vegas, unless your daughter is reading this comment then, yes, you should definately go. I'll be in New Mexico visitng my Dad the end of next week but lets plan to get together when I get back. You can be cranky with me, as long as I'm eating, I won't care.

CB said...

You had me at "Just Poop Sucky"!!

Oh my you are funny!

Sorry about the rotten pedicure.

Liz said...

I know. I feel fat, too. Grr. Hope tomorrow finds you happier than a bird with a French fry. ;-)

And that really is a fantastic post title.

kesandrach said...

Daughter was here....

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Mmmm..when I feel like you , I think it's because I slept with my mouth opened and every shred of happy-happy slipped out with the drool and the grumpies then had clear passage to my brain..kinda like
"The Invasion of the Happiness-Sucking-Grump-Zombies" staring...moi. And occasionally, you, it seems.

So, just sleep on your side so you mouth stays closed. You should be good to go then.

For now..watch re-runs of The Nanny and realize the boys are better than the normal kids..

XXOO

Blog Archive