It took me about 4 minutes this morning to decide. I will never be able to eat a raw food diet. I popped open a cold one (Diet Coke) and enjoyed the stingy glorious hit of caffeine. Then I ate my All Bran, banana and fat free milk. I'll be OK.
I'll just be more depressed if I try to radically change. I need to get up off my chubby duff and move on.
It's Memorial Day. I've got it pretty good compared to some. I need to learn to cope and go on.
I will survive. I need to clean this pitifully cluttered house. Thanks for your support and comments.
I plan to eat junk and watch rubbish (a loose quote from "Home Alone"). You enjoy the day, too.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
May
(23)
- Thank You Tuesday
- Who Am I Kidding?
- I'm Chicken--bawk, bawk...
- Second, Third, Fourth Effort
- Know It!
- Tuesday? Again?
- The "Show Me" State in Sorrow
- Fat and Lazy
- Sticky Mess
- I Thought You'd Wanna Know
- It's Tuesday ...
- Cousins
- Fishing??
- What the Heck, Blogger?
- Truth Stranger than Fiction
- It's a New Dawn; It's a New Day...
- Happy Birthday, Grand Twins
- It's Common Knowledge...
- I'll Stay in the Southland
- Just Poop Sucky
- Could He Be More Annoying?
- Totally Flat Tuesday...
- Irony Unfolds
-
▼
May
(23)
7 comments:
I think cleaning up the house a bit and watching some tube sounds a lot more inviting than a raw food diet. But then, I've always had more control over "stuff" than I do over food.
I did do Weight Watchers last year and lost 35 lbs and that did make me feel a lot better. I should continue and lose another 15 lbs but with the move and all that's going on, I've not taken much "me time" (oh, love those excuses!).
In the meantime, iced tea is my thing ...
I am soooo relieved. I'm not sure we could go on being friends without the Diet Coke. It's the sticky sugary glue that holds us together.
Whew....I was hoping you were not going to 'the dark side' with the Raw stuff.
You're fine. A good shot of caffine is just what you needed.
In your honor of being a brave girl, I am popping open the Java Frappicino Ice Cream tonight.
I salute you!
Jan
Eewwww! Raw food diet sounds disgusting. Okay - any diet sounds disgusting. I have tried to wean off the caffeine but I give up. I am an addict.
I have been sort of moving all weekend and would live a day of watching rubbish on the tube.
How did I miss your post yesterday? Obviously boredom overcame all other social life and emotions as I just crashed on the couch and watched World War II movies all day long and into the night. What a lousy day.
Okay it's settled. Next year on Memorial day we'll buy intertubes and float down the Salt River. K?
I'm the last one to advise anyone about dieting - I've tried them all and they all work - for awhile. Then it all creeps back. My friend and my daughter-in-law have lost lots of weight just by eating smaller portions of what they normally eat.
My caffeine of choice is diet Pepsi - too much of it. And I like my coffee crisp (as the chocolate bar commercial used to say).
Oh my gosh I want to go float on tubes!! That would be so much fun! Can I go with you and your bloggy friend? I've heard that river is way fun to float down. Even Ron White talks about it in his comedy act. It must be really famous for tubin'.
Post a Comment