--Spent all night dreading the root planing today. I am a little afeared of pain, people. Especially while I'm awake and can't talk. I hate the not talking part almost as bad as the pain. Oh, and the drool pooling up in my throat. And the sucky thing slurping away. And the bad tasting gloves shoved in my mouth. And the scraping of my roots with sharp edged instruments that hit nerves and send me through the ceiling. And I'll stop now...Yikes!! I re-scared myself even more.
--Got a call that my only aunt (who was four years older than me) died of ovarian cancer yesterday. It's upsetting, but mostly because my mom (who's her older sister) will not understand that her only sister died. I didn't even know she had cancer. We weren't very close in the past 30-35 years. I will not be attending her service, but I'm sorry for her two girls. Life is tentative...so fragile and fleeting.
--Rick is on a fishing jag now. I had to buy chicken liver for bait yesterday. Today I've been asked to get shrimp and chicken gizzards and maybe hot dogs. I really am already out of love with this stage of his obsessions. The man is nuts! Nuts I say!
--I'm so not funny today. I'm just not. I think it's hard to be funny when you have inflamed gums and are headed to the torture chamber for an hour or so.
--My grandtwins will be 6 next Tuesday and they're having a big Nascar-themed birthday party. You've heard me talk about my daughter's party-throwing abilities. Go to http://www.kesandrachelsblog.blogspot.com/ for more pictures and preparations. (Her blog is possessed but progressing.)
--The hummingbirds are royally ticked that the tree is in pieces on the ground. I think they're plotting to dive bomb us next time we're out back. I'm going to start wearing a helmet when I go out. You know that hummingbirds chirp and cheep when they fly around. A big sound for such a little whir of a bird.
--I cannot stall any longer. I must shower, brush the infected teeth and forge out to the dentist.
--Have I ever told you that I hate Abba songs and Mama Mia? I do.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
May
(23)
- Thank You Tuesday
- Who Am I Kidding?
- I'm Chicken--bawk, bawk...
- Second, Third, Fourth Effort
- Know It!
- Tuesday? Again?
- The "Show Me" State in Sorrow
- Fat and Lazy
- Sticky Mess
- I Thought You'd Wanna Know
- It's Tuesday ...
- Cousins
- Fishing??
- What the Heck, Blogger?
- Truth Stranger than Fiction
- It's a New Dawn; It's a New Day...
- Happy Birthday, Grand Twins
- It's Common Knowledge...
- I'll Stay in the Southland
- Just Poop Sucky
- Could He Be More Annoying?
- Totally Flat Tuesday...
- Irony Unfolds
-
▼
May
(23)
10 comments:
I hate Mama Mia songs too. Sorry some of the songs of the 70's were nasTAY.
I'm so sorry your are being tortured today. You don't need that ya know, you have chicken livers to buy.
Ick.
I'll be thinking of you!!!
Good luck at the dentist. A true friend would call me when they got home so I could make fun of them trying to talk with a numb face. Seriously though, hope it goes well and is pain-free. Your daughter's blog is cute and I'm a follower. Now, you need to have Rick call Brian. He needs to stop at Campbells on the way to Lake Pleasant. They have a pretty good assortment of bait. It's off Pinnacle Peak and 91 Ave. I do buy him hotdogs for the cat fish though. It's importanat not to refrigerate them though. Leave them outside overnight to "ferment". You'll probably never come over for a bbq now, huh?
Good luck with the dental work. Believe me when I say I've have everything they offer. There's not a tooth in my head that hasn't been manhandled. And when you get all that 'stuff' in your mouth and could not call for help if your life depended on it, that's when your cousin dentist sits back to wait for something and says....."Seen Aunt Ruth lately?" Like I'm supposed to answer.
I thought your daughter's blog is fun. Think I'll keep up with her. I followed.
BTW. What kind of fish does he catch. You mean there ARE good fish to eat in AZ that compare with Idaho? Somebody brought me over some trout one day that they caught somewhere here and they were about 6 inches long. Not what I'm used to.
I hope your visit to the dentist goes well!
You know, I used to be tErrIFied of the dentist (after some horrific procedures) but I FINALLY found one where I can honestly say, other than the little shot of Novocaine, I feel NO PAIN during his procedures. Really. And, he has TV monitors on the ceiling so you can watch (sort of) while they do their work. I wish you had one like that..I am sooo sorry you're having to go through that yuck-stuff.
Sorry about your Aunt too. And you Mom..life totally sucks sometimes..
but hey, at least you're not fishing!
I hope by the time you get this comment you are done at the dentist and feeling a little better(if not numb).
No fun!
Ditto - hope it went okay! Will this be the last visit for the foreseeable future?
Oh Jo, I'm sorry about the dental crisis! that sounds just awful! Also sad that you had to cut down your shade tree, especially in
Arizona where you really need it!
Hope you get some wonderfully effective pain pills and can lay around in a haze for a few days.
FINALLY, someone else that doesn't like ABBA!
Guess what Jo? Our dentist wears flavored gloves, FLAVORED GLOVES!
Gee, I wonder what I pay for those?
My hubs obsession of late, 4 wheelers. Every day and every night, 4
wheeler this 4 wheeler that:(
And beware of hummingbirds, those little buggars are mean!
So sorry to hear about you aunt. I will definitely check out your daughters blog.
Post a Comment