Monday, October 24, 2011

Getting Ready...

Since Rickster and I go few places more than 100 miles from home lately, I'm already gearing up to go to Idaho this week. If I traveled extensively and perpetually as my daughter does, I'd not be so concerned...But
you know I have to prepare, plan, and ponder.

This was the headline on the Times News page this morning:

Weather Service Issues Hazardous Weather Warning for Magic Valley--

 It's supposed to be colder than a witch's heart this week in my valley. I will bundle up. It might be a nice change from scalding hot AZ.

Bursitis was the verdict on the Whiner's elbow. The doctor did drain several ounces of liquid from the Rickster's swollen elbow. Just slapped a band aid on it and sent us off. It could return, but I think he'll live. There is no pain, so I really am so over it. On to more important worries.

Rick and I both need new glasses. Neither of us can see well especially when it gets a bit dark. I don't know about you, but I'm kinda over this aging thing. I want to just stop here and stay at this age for the rest of my life. Or go back 30 years and stop there. Something... I'm not going gracefully into that good night. Damn those wrinkles, gray hair, and lost senses. I don't care what you say. I'm not happy to get old. I'm not!

I hear sirens! Did you know that I have a real aversion and phobia about sirens? If we're not all here at home, I think some one is dead in a ditch. I'm such a doofus. And speaking of crime (which we really weren't) there's a rash of smart phone thefts at ASU. Students just walking along talking on their phone or texting get it grabbed right out of their hands. This world just never ceases to amaze and frustrate me. What will they think of next? I hesitate to imagine. Kidneys, hearts, lungs? I've heard urban myths. I told you, the world is strange.

I realize this isn't a very pithy post, but it's the best I have, people. Have a good week. May you not hear sirens, not get your phone stolen, and not have any organs pilfered.

16 comments:

Nicole said...

I personally, think I'd stick with the AZ weather. And the world never ceases to amaze me either :(

Anonymous said...

Oh, that bone-chilling cold is going to feel like 50 below after having spent the summer in Arizona! We just got back from a cruise and when the ship docked in Baltimore, Maryland, the cold wind ate itself through my body like it was the dead of winter. Bundle up good and enjoy your trip!

Emily of Boston said...

I wish someone would steal my phone so I'd have a good reason to upgrade early...

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh I hate it when my organs are pilfered! Hope you have a safe and not-too-cold trip - supposed to turn colder here Tuesday & Wednesday..
Tell the Rickster I hope he feels better now..did he get a lollipop for his shot??

larainydays said...

Watch out Jo, your blood has thinned to watered down water from living here. Better wear your puffy coat and have fun. I love Idaho.

Holly said...

My eyes are getting really bad too all of a sudden. Not sure what that's all about. I always thought it would be very gradual but it's not happening that way at all. You be careful and have a great time in your far away land.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it some kinda Murphy's Law that when you plan on driving/flying someplace the weather seems to turn to crap?

Glad the doctor determined that hubby will live. Sorry you are alarmed by sirens, tho. Go get your eyes examined...I just did and found that glaucoma is looming in the future.

Ok, I'm 'over' aging, too. Let's have a pinky swear to stay at this age FOREVER.

mCat said...

Aging sucks the fat man boob.
Glad that it's only bursitiis.

And bundle up for ID - I hear we are supposed to get cold here in UT as well. ticked.

CB said...

The weather is beautiful here - beautiful!! They are expecting a few low night temps this week but it is sunny and warm. Course it's a little colder where you are going but not too much - You are going to have a great trip!

life in red shoes said...

I don't mind wearing glasses, but the aging process, dammit all, has caused me to need bifocals! They cost twice as much as the regular vision do :(
And I would like a whole wardrobe of glasses, red would be nice :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You have a blast on that side of the state. I wish it werent like another continent over there and I'd come and stalk ya.
But I wouldnt steal your phone.

Glad Ricks elbow is doing better. That really can be painful!
Give him some love!

Amy said...

Hopefully you don't get too cold on your trip north. We are supposed to get our first hard freeze this week here in Utah.

I am often amazed at what happens in the world. There are a whole bunch of jackwagons out there.

I don't get worried so much at the sound of sirens but today on the freeway traffic was at a crawl and my first thought was "What if my son is up ahead in an accident?" Turned out he was safe at home and it was only a lane closure.

My Grama's Soul said...

Have a good time heading back home...Jo....Your posts always tickle my fancy. LOL

xo

the other Jo

Vicki/Jake said...

Get the new eyes, use ear plugs so you don't hear the sirens, Keep your phone in your front pocket :) and remember, you're only old if you let yourself be old...it's only numbers:) Oh, and take all your winter coats. Oh wait, you probably don't have any! Let me know when you come through Ut, I'll bring ya some:) Silliness aside, just drive safe and have fun! Old farts can still do that ya know...mwahahahaaa

Anonymous said...

I'm 32 and I feel like I'm aging rapidly! I'm like you, I WANT TO SLOW DOWN or just halt where I am!

Enjoy your trip :)

Liz said...

Look at you with all these comments! Sweet! :-)

You must, must, must get some pictures of Twin Falls fall goodness and post them here. I'm talking leaves changing color, frost, whatever you can get. I need, I need! If you have time. :-) Have a great trip!

Blog Archive