Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm So Relieved

I know that most of you are computer literate. Me?  I schlodge along daily in a hopelessly accidental management of my little computerized equipment friends. The smart phone. The lap top. My desk top model. All continue to surprise me when they do what I ask.
The other day I was deleting some pictures and "accidentally" stupidly deleted the icon for the recycle bin. I realize this isn't tragic. But think back to my obsessive behavior and need for order and normalcy. Any little deviation throws me. So for several days I've been recycle binless because I knew not how to restore that little gem. It just irked me so. It did! I'm so serious.

Finally, this morning I was puttering around and stumbled upon a help session that told me how to restore said symbol. I am so relieved. I don't like it when all my icons are not present and accounted for. Especially when I did not premeditate the demise of little recyclebinicon.
Now that my world is in balance once again, I am going to go shower and see if I can fix my hair according to a tutorial on Pinterest. It's how to use the flat iron without tears or something.

Rickster's elbow is puffy again. We've decided not to worry about it til we get back from Idaho. He'll be fine. He worked on the dripper system for two hours last night until I finally screamed. I'm sure that was a big help. How does the man put up with me? I don't understand that about the same as I don't understand computers. But often it works out, nonetheless.

Oh, oh! We signed up for caller ID yesterday so we could avoid answering calls we'd rather not answer. The number and name come up on the TV screen when the phone rings. Since I'm ALWAYS watching something, I don't even have to get up to see who's calling. Is it supposed to do that? Who knew. That's the trickiest thing. What will they think of next!

As you can see, I'm still a little weak on the subject matter for a post. Esta bien.

13 comments:

Emily of Boston said...

My non-SIL works for Comcast and gets that caller ID feature on her TV for free... I'm a little jealous of you both, I won't lie.

Then again, I don't have a house phone... so I don't need the service. I just think it's cool. :)

RoeH said...

I can't tell you the number of times I've accidentally deleted that bloody little recyle bucket icon. And trying to get it back is annoying because if I find out how to do something, I forget it 30 seconds later. When you going to Twin?

RoeH said...

I can't tell you the number of times I've accidentally deleted that bloody little recyle bucket icon. And trying to get it back is annoying because if I find out how to do something, I forget it 30 seconds later. When you going to Twin?

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I once deleted over 500 photos , some of which were my granddaughter's 8th birthday party, while in Chicago 2 years ago..that and all of the previous day's sightseeing! Could have cried. Think I may have..I am SOOOO shy about deleting anything now..Geesh..scary technology..

larainydays said...

I know someone who thought the recycle bin symbol was "a little crockpot". See you're more literate than you thought!

Holly said...

So if I call you are you going to get yourself up off the couch to answer? Now I'm stressed out about your caller ID. If you don't answer I'll think it's because you know it's me and if you do answer I'll think that you don't want to answer but do it just because you know that I know that you have caller ID. Just answer it ok?

TARYTERRE said...

Caller ID is the greatest. You're gonna LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

I'm not calling you.........that's too freaky!

I've also done the delete the recycle icon and had to call the hubster to fix it. Emabarassing, huh?

Anonymous said...

You're a hoot! I laughed out loud :)

cathycan said...

We just lost our TV Caller I.D. and I dont know how I will live without it! It is sooo convenient! Google is the best for all of my computer questions, well, most of my computer questions ; )

Vicki/Jake said...

I have a huge TV now, but don't know much other than how to turn it on and watch Desperate Housewives, netflix streaming and NBA if they ever pull their heads out. Bet it would do that to.

Same with this new computer

Hmmm, I keep wanting to google *Rent a husband* but haven't yet :)

Pat MacKenzie said...

I love the caller ID feature. I never answer the 1-800, 1-888, 1-866 numbers or any others that I don't recognize. I just hope I'm not missing out on someone calling to tell me I've won 10 million dollars or something. But it's worth it not to be answering all those annoying calls.

kesandrach said...

Mom what is wrong with Rick's elbow? Does he have Cancer? Go get it checked out Mom- it could be serious! Have you gotten your colonscopy's done yet? You need to do that too....You guys are getting old...... sh#*!

Blog Archive