Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Shamed...

Everyone is really showing me up right now. Even the Daughter has posted new several days in a row. What? How can I keep up, I wonder?

I realize pictures are a definite plus. I have none. You know how good I am at photography. I'm still spent from taking pictures of my hair.

I waited 6 1/2 hours yesterday for window installer man to come put in a windshield on my car. It sounded so easy when the little guy at the car wash took me through the process. I called and called and called. But finally I pulled the car out and heard this roaring engine, wheel screeching. I looked up to see a white pickup with glass rocking in the back turning my corner at top speeds. Poor little guy had had a flat tire and I don't know what else. I felt bad for being so impatient. Sometimes I need to chill...

Finally got the house sterilized and restored to a semblance of normalacy. I do like order and cleanliness. It's almost obsessive. Dang!

The weather here has been heavenly. It's supposed to flare back up to 100 this week. Oh, bother!

Halloween candy is kicking my butt. Or rather expanding my butt. I must stay away. Help me!

I'll work on excitement and pictures and get back to you later. The library is finally open today. Silly ol' Columbus. I have Night Circus reserved. You close for Columbus Day, library people? What?

7 comments:

Holly said...

Yes, you should feel ashamed, especially after I posted such lovely pictures of my brown grass and the dirt in my pots. SHAME!! Glad things are back to normal around there. I'm headed to the library today too, need to return a few. I always end up checking out way too many books.

Heather said...

I'm glad you got your life back in order after the kiddos left. :) I'm sure that's how my mom feels too when we visit. It's funny- how did you guys ever have little kids in your clean homes?

larainydays said...

I enjoyed Night Circus. You'll have to tell me what you think.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I think you rock!
I guess a few more pictures would be awesome, but I still love ya.

It does feel good to get the house back, I spent the day doing that yesterday.

CB said...

I didn't even know it was Columbus day and I kept waiting for the mail to come! Can you say...Dork!!

Liz said...

It kills me how early they set out Halloween candy. We're going to buy it now and save it for Halloween? Yeah, right!

You'll love Night Circus. So good.

mCat said...

I too like my house of order. And since my son and his family are coming in a few weeks, and I am already stressing about it all...I need to chillax

Blog Archive