I had the best day today. What a difference a job makes. (Also, Rick bought a new gps so I have my old one back and can go places and not worry about not being able to find my way home. Those bread crumbs just disappear in the desert.)
First, I had my roots dyed. That is always bliss. Then I went searching out thrift stores looking for a mirror (cute and vintage). Five hours later I came home with four prints that cost $1-2 each AND a mirror which was not vintage but is delightful for the guest room and was only $9.
I plan to decorate the master bedroom kind of vintage western, desert, rustic. So I found an adorable old cacti and wagon picture for $2. Is it not gorgeous! There is a collage of materials, feathers, etc. for the sewing room, a heron Miami-type print and a cute laundry-on-the-line picture for the newly painted laundry room.
Then there is the sunset. I just can't hold back taking shots of these celestial creations. Are they not pure evidence that there is a God? I never get enough. When Rick called as he was driving home to tell me to get a picture, I said, "No, I get one every night." But I looked again and the sky was afire. I couldn't resist. AZ has the best sunsets.
Happy woman with husband with a job and a gps that guides me to thrift stores--life is good!
5 comments:
That mirror is SUPER cute.
I heart good deals! I love the beautiful mirror and all of the wonderful pictures. That sounds like a fun day to me too.
Don't you just love getting a good deal? And you always remember what a good deal it was when you look at it. Love it.
I thought of you tonight - I saw the sunset. It was absolutely breathtaking. Pink, purple, orange, yellow, blue...magnificent. And speaking of colors, I really liked the colors you used to paint your rooms that you posted about the other day. They came together beautifully!
Oooo la la! I love that mirror! Dang that sunset was amazing!
I'm not bitter, I swear! I'm really not!
Post a Comment