Monday, January 25, 2010

I Wanna Be a Stellar Blogger!

Lately I've spent hours cruising blogs. Some have those clever comment lines like, " I'm a comment junkie..." etc. I want to personalize "my leave a comment" section. I have no clue. I've gone to "help" and it's all gibberish to me. Am I just too old and sloggy to be a good blogger? Could be.
I read all the creative entries these ladies leave and I'm exhausted. How do you do all that--blog, and complete all those daily living tasks? I give... I've not even showered yet and it's 10 a.m. That's practically a sin where I co me from. (My mother's family--)
Rick and I have signed up to go help out Wenden, a little town somewhere north of here that had severe flooding last week. Saturday we are taking shovels, wheel barrows, etc., and going  to clean up mud and mess for these unfortunate people. I think it will be really rewarding and a giving thing. We need to do more of that. I'll let you know how this turns out. I have to buy some rubber boots so I can wade the waters.
I've spent an inappropriate amount of money on vintage "things" lately. I've got to stop. I bought a Scrabble game on ebay (which was only $3.25, but shipping was $9 something); I bought two jackets at Deja Vu Resale which are to die for, but now I'm chicken to wear them. I took the huge shoulder pads out last night. I'm still a little fearful to model them  in public. Oh bother...I'm no fashionista but they looked great in the store. I bought the garish mirror at Razmataz, the green knobs for the laundry room, a few prints...the list could go on but I'm ashamed. It's an addiction (like this darn blogging.) I look at the Romantic Country and cottage style postings and they are so gluttery and gorgeous. My projects just look globbed and that's not pretty. I lack the artistic gene, I believe. I can do some things, but how do people know to put together some of those combinations? Where do they get those images in their brains? I just copy them and by the time I complete the project the trend is stale and out.
I'll just go shower now. At least I can do that--sort of.

6 comments:

Liz said...

I think the secret is that we all copy each other. At least, that's what I do, and what everyone else I know does. Eventually, a completely original idea will squeeze through. :-)

To fix the "comment" section and make it cute: log in and go to the "Layout" page of your blog. Click "Edit" on the big section of your page that says "Blog Posts." Under "Post Page Options," you'll see that you can change just about whatever you like. Don't worry, it took me awhile to find this, too. Hope that helps!

Jules AF said...

I already have this week's posts written, so if something happened that was funny today, I'll blog again. That's why I blog so much. I got so bored that I wrote like five hundred blogs and I still have to post all of them!

Amy said...

My cousin is an awesome blogger but me - not so much. I've just decided to write what I want and if anyone likes it they read it, if not they won't.

When it comes to creativity, I think we all copy each other. I've decided that when it comes to my house, as long as it appeals to me then I don't care what others think.

Dani said...

I hope you eventually made your way to the shower. Not that I can talk--I would put off my shower til 3 every day if I didn't have to work.
I think you're a stellar blogger!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh girl don't I know it. I just posted about this not that long ago. Sometimes I get jealous:o Isn't that awful?! There are some just amazing writers, artists, gorgeous homes, wonderful cooks etc...out there and it's all on display to make us feel less than.

But then one day it dawned on me that there is no one just like me, so my goal is to just be myself and write my blog for me. It's not a competition and for me that was freedom:)

Rachel Sue said...

clever posts does not equal a clean house/showered mama.

quite the opposite in fact. . . :)

Blog Archive