
I lay in bed last night worrying...Why do I do that? I know there's nothing that can be accomplished at 3 a.m., but that doesn't stop me. I worried that my last post was offensive. Like anyone who I'd offend would really read it.
Then I worried about my sister and brother-in-law coming to visit this weekend. (I really like them, but they've never stayed with us before and I'm just not a very good hostess.) I concern myself over the cleanliness of the house when I should pay attention to other things: the bed in the guest room isn't the best; I don't know what they like to eat; I think they drink coffee and we don't. So what will I do about that?
OK so this is just blithering now and I don't really know what it has to do with rain.
It is raining a little and is supposed to continue all week. We've bragged to Rick's brother about how beautiful the weather is in Arizona and now it's stormy. I'm worrying about that too.
2 comments:
It will clear up in no time. Have fun this weekend and just let the worries go out the window. :) Easier said than done.
A long time ago when sleepless nights plagued me relentlessly, I began asking myself if there was anything I could do about right at this moment. Of course, the answer was no and I would try to let it go. It took awhile before it worked but I have had fewer sleepless nights.
Call your sister and ask her what they would like to eat while they are visiting. If they drink coffee, you can buy Folger's singles. They look like tea bags and you just add water. This is what I used when my friend and her boyfriend came for a visit. As for the bed, just make sure the sheets are clean. I am not a very good hostess either, I just tell whoever visits to make themselves at home.
I am sure your sister is more interested in spending time with you than what your house looks like. Enjoy her visit and the time you have together.
Post a Comment