| Snoopy Rock |
| Cowpie Rock |
We did take a Jeep tour in an attempt to understand the area better. Our tour guide was Diggy who claimed to have a college degree in natural resources, drove on the wrong side of the road going right at fellow Jeepers, and sounded just like Crush, the turtle from Finding Nemo. Eating the dust of 15 other vehicles pounding the trails isn't my idea of communing with nature. We saw one live squirrel, one dead rock chuck, and a cute little horny toad whom I'm sure we annoyed badly. "Damn tourists," I distinctly heard him mutter as he scampered away.
We ate tasty ice cream from the Black Cow. I had Mint Chip. Rick slurped down a chocolate shake. Sedona T-shirts were $5. I can afford that. Next time we won't go at such a busy time and we will try to appreciate God's creations more and experience modern mayhem less.
8 comments:
Your description of the Jeep driver is hilarious! You are such a funny lady. And can I just say beautiful too! I think this is the first picture I have seen of you and your husband - great looking couple and the scenery is awesome. I have always wanted to go to Sedona!!
I've always wanted to go to Sedona. Personally, Cowpie Rock looks amazing (and hilarious)!
think I need to add this to my list of places to travel!
Love the rock formations.
WE used to live in Cottonwood and frequented Sedona. There was one rock formation you missed, one of the first a friend pointed out to us when we moved in.... the name was quite filthy, but fitting, if you had a dirty mind.
Sedona, when we lived there was a weird combo of vortex, new age, rich chi-chi shops and nature lovers.
Hahaha i love the part about the horny toad!
This could be the pilot for a sit-com..."Last Jeep Standing".."America's Got Tourists"..
"Too Much Jink in the Tree Trunk"..
Sad really..can't we just go to these places and enjoy without the birage of "authentic junk-pushers"?
HI JO!!
SO glad you made the trip to Sedona!!It is lovely and yes very crowded this time of year, go off season and see the leaves changing colors, of course not til Mid Oct at the earliest!!!
I NEVER KNEW there was a cow paddy rock, NEVER knew this and we have been going once or twice a year forever!!Never did the jeep tour, as we have driven all over, not dirt roads though!!You must go back and take the CALL of the Wild hike, it is EASY, level and winds around the walls of the canyon and you cross over the creek many times, so it is very cool!!
Glad you went!!!
HOT is NOT THE WORD to describe today!!!116 and 120 heat index, that would keel over any one!!
Drink lots of fluids!!
Congressman Trent franks--YOUR Congressman over there on the west side(Republican of course) is a Good friend of ours!!Our son did a semester in DC with his office!!!!!
YES, GO VOTE!!!!!!
have a GREAT DAY with the boys!!!
hugs,
jamie
Post a Comment