Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm Torn

I'm in a quandary today. The other grandma is leaving at Rachel's. I know she could use my help, but LV is almost 5 hours away. To go there I have to leave the Rickster and home duties and even though Rachel says her dad is a big boy and can take care of himself, I feel guilty leaving him. I honestly don't like to be away from home and my routine.

My Rooster is having a hard time, evidently, dealing with the new baby and it's effect on his life. He's had three melt downs and cried uncontrollably. That's just not Roost. I hate to see him upset and sad.

Rick and I are going down Friday. I'm hoping that will be enough. I just wish I could be in two places at once. I feel as if I could be at Rachel's 24/7 and it wouldn't be enough. She has such a hectic and frantic life. I am usually a basket case when I leave there because I've gotten so stressed with her wild life.

Ugh! I know there's no reason to post this. It's just a musing of my muddled mind. I think Lola and I will go for a walk. Maybe that will make me feel better. I read through others blogs and you are all decorating for Halloween and fall, cooking good things, and managing your busy lives. I'm here being a boob. I'm not funny; I'm not creative. I'm going to walk a long way.

7 comments:

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Have a nice walk, clear your mind and everything will be better. You can help only as much you can.I only wish I had half the help from my parents that you give your daughter and her family.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

It's sooo NOT easy being so far from the wee ones..with our grandmotherly help and advice..but we really can't be everywhere at once. You need to take care of YOU..it's your turn. Love them near and love them far and give them your cell phone number..that's about all we can do. Take care, take heart and take those walks..they're great for what ails ya! Hugs from Utah...

CB said...

I love your new header picture - it is darling!
Well, I must say that I am a "tough love" type of parent. I like to help my kids but I expect them to "suck it up" (the saying they have heard their whole lives!) and deal with it.
I have 5 kids and never had any help at all - NOne! No mothers coming to visit and help clean and cook, etc...My husband and I had to learn to handle things on our own - that's how marital connections are made stronger and how you learn to deal with life.
So I would say not too worry too much. Let them struggle a bit - they will figure it out and that when if and when you do visit and help it will be all the more appreciated and not in any way expected!
(am I mean?)

Emily of Boston said...

I'm kind of a blogger boob too... Together, we may not always be a perky rack, but we're a nice well-rounded rack I think.


Sorry for the boob "humor" attempt, btw, but I couldn't help it.

Herding Cats said...

Hey - at least you blog still! I haven't in weeks! And what's a blog for if not to complain?

Liz said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I know what you mean about the routine. I don't like leaving mine, either. It seems like it shouldn't be a big deal...but it is.
I hope things get better for Rooster! And I hope Friday comes really fast for you.

Mimi said...

HI JO!!!
I hope your morning walk helped eased some of your fears and I hope that everyone is adjusting to the new baby. But I know how difficult adding a new member can be. ANd the overwhelming tiredness is daunting to say the least.
I cannot imagine being torn between the two, help daughter --remain home where all of our comforts are at. My daughter just lives around the corner and I am there alot, but it is NOT MY home and I understand how you feel.
I am assuming the rooster is one of the twins, I can only imagine how there little worlds have changed so much. I do think they need some TLC from Grandma, to bad they are in school or you could bring them back with you for a while. Life is tough and I raised my kids so reactionary, meaning if a friend called at naptime to go to the park, I was like OK!!My daughter on the other hand is like her DAD, wants everything organized and structured!!!So it was hard for me to babysit and be on such a schedule, but the good thing is I can read that little girl like a book by the time of the clock!!!
You will figure it all out and soon this will be a distant memory. The family will be fine.
I am SOOOO GRATEFUl that you for one are SOOOO BRUTALLY HONEST with your blogging!!
I use to just do the fuin stuff, but with my family drama, I have had to mix some of that in!!
Remember my sugar coat it or sugar free post????
Family!!!
hugs to you,
jamie

Blog Archive