Thursday, December 9, 2010

Griswold Party

You know my daughter is a party queen. This is the egg nog, moose mug that she ordered for the "Christmas Vacation" party. She's thought of everything. They have the huge, self-cut, ugly tree; the lights are positively covering the house outside; two moose mugs; cardigan sweater and Santa hat for her husband (Clarke); Rachel has an outfite like the mom. She has one friend bringing a station wagon and another the RV of Eddie's. Guests are dressing up, there's egg nog and dips. I don't know all the details, but they're extensive.

All her friends on Facebook are quoting lines from the movie. They are so clever. How do young people (and I use the term pretty losely because Rach is 30) remember all those movie parts and the details? They are forever reciting exact phrases from movies or television shows. I can barely remember what I said two minutes ago let alone what actors say in movies.

The party sounds ever so fun. If I went I would dress up as the mother-in-law. I'm probably just as obnoxious and annoying as she was (at least my SIL thinks so.) Ah-ha-ha-snort-sniffle-gasp...! I crack up myself. I know, I know--not all think I'm funny. Just ask the SIL. ;o)

9 comments:

Lady Fromage said...

Ok. I want that mug. :)

larainydays said...

Great, great idea for a party. We had a huge trailer parked in our driveway at Thanksgiving to accommodate all the extras and it looked scarily like cousin Eddie had come to stay for a month or two.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I **LOVE** that movie! So, who's wearing the too-tight V-neck sweater with the dickie?? LOL - I want to see PICTURES!

Nicole said...

oh I love it! I so want to see photos... tell your daughter to take many! I love the eggnog Moose glasses!

Liz said...

"If you rub my bunions I'll give you a quarter!"
"Wow, a whole quarter!" (Cringes.)

Bobbie said...

haha... this does sound like fun! So, will Clark get his Christmas bonus as the evening comes to a close? hmm I wonder. Hope they all have a great time.

Scrappy Girl said...

Dr. Hubby wants to come as the boss that doesn't want to give the bonuses...lol. I couldn't reist telling him about this party! You have got to share LOADS of pics.

ain't for city gals said...

It takes lots of work to have a party like this...makes me tired just to think about it! I want the mug too...maybe she will give them to you after and you can have a giveaway?...

RoeH said...

Thanks for stopping by. So you're from Twin Falls? My dad lives there and my sister owned White Mortuary for several years until she died. I get up there to see my dad but he's now 101 and it's hard to be there. The Botanical Gardens are worth the trip once when the luminaries are there. I don't plan to go again. Pretty neat, though.

Blog Archive