Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Stocking is Done


Note these are wrinkled from being squished in storage. She'll steam them, I hope.

  You should probably know the history of these stockings. I'll make it short. When the twins were born we nicknamed them Rooster (Rick) and Bean (Blake). So when I made their stockings I appliqued a rooster on one and a bean stalk from "Jack and the Beanstalk" on the other. And I made them nontraditional colors. I don't really have good pictures but I'll show a bad one.

So now I've made the mom and dad stockings and finally one for the Gunman (Gunnar, who was named after their hunting love.) Therefore, I made a little boy holding a shotgun, a cactus "tree" and a coyote howling at the moon. I know it's a bit strange, but it follows the theme of the other stockings. They are a bizarre family who have taken Gunnar hunting over 10 times already in his 2-month existence. They enjoy killing animals. I don't. I put Peace on Earth on Gunnar's stocking and I wanted to put, "Run animals, run!" But I knew Rachel wouldn't appreciate it. I can't really explain this well.

I feel a tad off center this morning. I had a dream last night that we had a pregnant goat in our living room and I needed to get the poor thing food and water because she'd been there a while without anything to eat or drink. If you interpret dreams, have a go at that one. It should keep you busy most of the day.

11 comments:

CB said...

I think homemade stocking made with love from Grandma/Mom have got to be the best thing since candy canes!! They are definately not traditional but they are personal - You did a great job!

As for the goat - ha ha - I have no clue what to tell you!

Nicole said...

Awe, I love the stockings!! Where's mine :) 10 times in his 2 month existence... Wowzers!

Emily of Boston said...

Cute stocking! I think "Run, animals, run!" might have ruined the stocking moment, though... (even though I feel the same as you do about killing animals :)

Heather said...

Okay, those are sooo cute. And I love how personalized they are. Gunnar's is so adorable. I wish I was that ambitious. But I'm not. :)

life in red shoes said...

Love the stockings and totally get it. In our family you know you've won us over when you recieve your nickname.
That dream? Good luck:/

Scrappy Girl said...

I love all the little details. I can see all the love that you have put into those.

Liz said...

Oh my gosh, I wish you'd put the warning to the animals on there. Rachel might not have liked it, but we readers would have fallen over laughing! ;-)

Katie said...

All the stockings are fabulous...I think it is so cool that you made them all!

Omgirl said...

Those are awesome. Way more entertaining than my boring white and red stockings.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Those are darling! Love the home made stockings soooo much better than any you can buy!

cathycan said...

Those are wonderful!! So unique!

Blog Archive