Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Disjointed Data

I've really been scrambling for blog material lately.( I'm sure you haven't noticed.) Right! I'm in a dry wash for sure.

So here goes nothing:

Today is National Spay and Neuter Day. At least that's what the Phoenix News 12 said. And the interesting tidbit I focused on was that one unspayed female feline and the spawn from all those babies plus the mama can produce up to 420,000 extra cats in their life times. That's a LOT of kitties and many of them end up in shelters,euthanized, or wild feral felines. Since I've been reading animal books lately, this struck my attention. Not wanting to sound too much like Bob Barker, but "Have you spayed and neutered your animal?" Get out there, people, and sterilize.

The second useless detail is that woman on average have 13 negative body image moments each day. Some hate a certain feature of their appearance up to 100 times a day. Now, I'm nothing if not devoid of esteem, but that just seems sick and wrong--even from my warped perspective. If a woman is hating her body image and looks even 13 times a day, she's just spending too much time thinking about her darn self. Snap out of it, woman! If you hate some quality 100 times a day, you're pretty much a narcissistic ass and you need to start therapy. Really! I'm as screwed up as the next person (or more) but you just have to get over yourself. Focus on others. Volunteer. Don't dwell on you so much, darn it!

Those are my little nuggets of wisdom for the day. Not exactly a Tuesday Ten or anything, but pretty disjointedly informative if I do say so my self-deprecating little self.

9 comments:

Holly said...

"You're pretty much a narcissistic ass and you need to start therapy". Lol. Come on Jo! Tell me how you really feel! Don't hold back. That's why I love ya! P.S. My thighs are unusaully lumpy this year. Just thought you'd want to know.

ain't for city gals said...

This if from a woman that the last 10 posts have been about her hair?..lol...I know I am being mean..love your new header pic..

Big Fat Gini said...

Really? I don't think I even look at myself 13 times a day. Now I'm going to count them and see how many times I actually think about it.

Take that statistics!

just call me jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
just call me jo said...

Sorry if I seem hypocritical...Maybe I'm speaking to myself as the ass...Could be! I've been told that before. Could be...

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Well, I've already paid for the four free-loading felines in this house to get their "tonsils" out, but after your inspiring post, I'm tempted to have it done again!

I don't think you're in a dry wash. I love your blog!

I also love looking and reading about your warm weather.
I might be a little jealous.

CB said...

You and Bob Barker could make a great team (wink!).

Liz said...

I was watching tidbits of the news last night and just ended up thinking, is there anything positive left in Arizona? That's why I got my degree in print journalism - there's more room for the happy stuff. :-) (That's not the only reason. One of 'em, though.)
I go through dry blog spots all the time. It'll pass soon!

Emily of Boston said...

I don't think I have negative thoughts about myself 13 times every day... but I'm sure there are days where I do have negative thoughts MORE than 13 times a day... so I guess it evens out. I can't help it. Sometimes I really just feel chubby and feel like everyone can see my belly button through the stretched fabric of my ill-fitted shirt. Or my hair is a frizzy disaster. Or the big zit on my face is staring people in the eye. Who can help that?!

Blog Archive