Friday, February 18, 2011

Headed for Weekend and--

...I got nothin'...I'm sick of my past post (as I'm sure you are) and I can't think of one bit of thrilling trivia or pressing news.

Got my hair colored and "texturized" yesterday. "Texturized" means that I COMMANDED my hair lady to put long and spikey strands in my otherwise struggling locks to prevent "cowgirl hair." I don't know if it helped or not. She got another call just as she was "texturizing" that her daughter was having an asthma attack at school. Dang daughter...that's the second time she's done that while I'm getting my hair cut. Her mom snips away ferociously while telling the school that she'll get right on it. Breathe, girl. At least until MY HAIR gets done. For heaven's sake. I try to be sympathetic, but we're talking extremely ugly hair here and a woman who has no self esteem. Why can't anyone realize the importance of my coif! My hair lady had to come to MY house because her shop isn't ready yet. Her 3-year-old daughter accompanied her mom. That alone made me twitchy above and beyond the medical emergency. Maybe I should break down and go to a real salon, but those suckers charge BIG bucks for highlights, color and cut. And they always want to attack my eyebrows and a plethora of other flaws that mar the tapestry of my visage.

So I head into the weekend with very little to report that is worthy of note. We are volunteering at Surprise Pride Day--fixing up the less "beautiful" or groomed portions of our berg. It's supposed to rain. Should be extra fun. The only high point is that I'll have an excuse for homely hair. (I know you think I stress unduly about my hair, but...well...you're right, but I'm gonna stress about something so get used to it. )This is my concern of choice right now. If I had a healthy psyche I'd be completely devoid of topics and then how boring would I be? Stop rolling your eyes...

6 comments:

larainydays said...

Don't stop believing Jo. Someday, someday you will receive the magic haircut and all will be well with the world for at least six weeks until it grows out. (BTW, thanks for calling me a geek. I try, I really do try!)

Holly said...

Okay, we need to see a pic of the new doo! I found a place that I really like. Rolf's off of the 101 and 67 Ave. That's not too far from you. Give them a try if you're not happy with the current cut. Have a great weekend and wear one of those old lady clear plastic rain cap thingys.

Big Fat Gini said...

What exactly is "cowgirl hair" exactly? I think we need a comprehensive diagram to understand this phenomenon.

life in red shoes said...

Jo, find a real hairdresser! I have my gal texturize the living daylights out of mine, you should see the hair fly!
Self esteem, sure wish they sold that in the stores, cuz I'd send you a case load!
Now, you need to sit down with paper and pencil and make a list of all your great qualities.
Wonderful Mom
Awesome Grandma
Supportive Wife
etc etc etc
Now hurry up and make that list:)

Liz said...

Yeah...what is cowgirl hair?
I hope you enjoy cleaning up Surprise. Honestly, sometimes doing some good, hard work is the best thing for ya. (I say as I think of the laundry that needs folding!...)

ain't for city gals said...

I have mine texurized tons but you have to be careful because you could end up wit big holes...I don't let them use what I call pinking shears...I make them do it with a little tiny scissors! Hey, I don't care...I figure for $22 I deserve forty-five minutes...sometime id the texurizing myself halfway through..not hard with a manicure scissors...lol..what we do!...only someone with coarse short hair would know what you are talking about...

Blog Archive