Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trapped--Like a Rat (or a bug)

The bug man did not come yesterday until 4:30. I was a prisoner in my own home--dang bug guy. There are definitely days when I don't go anywhere. If I choose that I'm fine. But if I KNOW I HAVE to stay home then I get claustrophobic and feel all itchy and captured.

However, today I ventured out. I put on make up and my tall shoes (and long pants) and tottered on to Sam's Club and the dog food store. It was pretty cathartic if I do say so myself. (which of course, I just did)

I struggle with my hair now that it's more than 1" long. It kind of looked like "cowgirl" hair today. Yeehaw! My hair is coarse, thick and sort of poofy when it gets the least length on it. So I try to cope and hope I don't chop it off again before it gets a chance to thrive. We'll see...

I started writing down all food consumed on Sparkpeople.com. It's a tricky site where you can enter what you eat and the magic calculates the calories for you. That's how I lost the 35 lbs. I lost before. I think it's my only hope. Already today, my "snacks" of croutons and animal crackers were almost as much as my breakfast. That's where I go astray. If I don't keep track I end up grazing my way through a whole meal worth of fat makers. This could be a little like the hair, however. I tend to give up before I see results in diets and hair styles.

I think my bouffant and I will take a little nap so I don't stuff my mouth full of empty calories.

9 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh we are sisters from different misters or mothers or hwatever..except my hair gets all flat and stuck-to-my-pea-sized-head when it gets any length on it..and by length I mean more than about an inch..

Yep, I don't eat a lot at one time..I just eat ALL DAY LONG! and those teensy bites are adding up to some big pounds! I heard my stomach growl the other day and said (aloud I think) What was that??? A sound I haven't heard in a while..Hmmm

I bet if I tried, I could go on a fast....yeah..for like, oh, an hour??!!

CB said...

As I get older my hair gets thicker and weirder and harder to handle. Mine is pretty long so I started using a straightner on it before I try to style it and it has really been helpful. Of course, I think you could burn yourself with short hair so -DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! Ha Ha
Good job on keeping track of your calories I need to do the same!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I cut my hair off and now have decided to grow it out a little. That isn't fun!

I've been trying to behave with my eating.
I downloaded an app onto my ipod called LoseIt. Totally love it.

I hope you got your nap and I'm pretty sure that your hair will look better tomorrow. I think there is a law or something that says you can't have two bad hair days in a row!

Amy said...

I cut my hair in one of those A-line cuts where it is kind of stacked in the back and I hate it. I can't wait for it to grow out past my shoulders again.

I am not a fan of counting calories but I have to do something. I am currently downloading an app from sparkpeople for my phone. Maybe it will help me.

Liz said...

Good luck with sparkpeople. I know a few people who've had success with it. Let us know how it goes!

Nicole said...

I'm struggling losing weight too... my face shows it but the scales don't... it's weird!

ain't for city gals said...

Jo, I think we have the same hair...that is why I keep it really short...I can't stand poufy...I like short and spikey and hard to find someone that can do that..trying to watch my snacks also....finally got rid of all the Christmas cookies etc. I think the more you eat of it the more you want..

RoeH said...

I'm heading right to that website!

life in red shoes said...

I have tried for years to grow my hair out, no luck, no patience! Besides, I'm a "short hair" woman:)

I'll have to check out that website, I'm working on very little sugar and low carbs.

I LOVE CARBS!!!!
oooops.

Blog Archive