Friday, February 11, 2011

Virus!!

Not me, you silly. It's my desk top computer. Yesterday while I was looking for a way to style my "long" hair, I stumbled (or clicked) upon some infected site. I tried to get out as quickly as I could, but it got me. So then I was getting a false message over and over and over...that I needed to scan using some bogus windows anti-something. I've had that one before long ago and far away when I was trying to download a John Tesh Christmas carole. (I know--serves me right--John Tesh?? What was I thinking?)

You know I'm a computer idiot/fool/klutz/zombie. Some how I managed to go to shopzilla or scoopzilla or somebodyzilla that isolated the trojan horse/worm/spyware/crap. But now my computer is as slow as molasses in January in Minnesota. Something tells me the dang worm/trojan/crap is still lurking and will strike again when I least want it.

I have my lap top which is not (yet) infected but it's not hooked up to the printer and doesn't have any of my saved documents, etc. This computer/virus/trojan worm stuff is about all it takes to really drive me over the edge into complete and total meltdown/collapse/despair/SILicide. (Just thought I'd throw that last one in there. He didn't have anything to do with the computer problem. But I'd like to cide him just the same.)

Ok, Ok. I have another Sunday school lesson to work on. I must practice being sincere and inspired. Later, gator...

11 comments:

Lady Fromage said...

bummer! I got one recently searching for country living inspired home decor... oops.

larainydays said...

I feel your pain. Our Christmas break was celebrated by a jolly virus. We finally got a new computer.

RoeH said...

You would think that as technically achieved as all those bright techy scientists are, they'd think of some way that this wouldn't happen. I was really ticked when my laptop got one and crashed about 30 minutes after the warranty went out and they wouldn't honor it. I think it's Geek Squad's answer to fixing computers for $5000 an hour.

Emily of Boston said...

There's a program you can download called Malware Bytes. I've had good luck using it to get rid of viruses.

Holly said...

Same thing happened to mine last week. Went to an infected site, don't know what it was but obviously I didn't need to be there. Some Windows warning window kept popping up wanting me to download some antivirus. I didn't trust it. I scanned with my own free Virus software "Avast" and it got rid of it. http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download Computer is working fine now. Good luck!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You totally crack me up..SILicyde!! Hope your virus gets better..I HATE those..Grrrr...

Anonymous said...

FYI there is this website called Dropbox.com that is great. You can use it to save documents on several computers. You download the program and just save all your documents to it, and it will show up on all the computers that you have the program on. Plus you can access the files from the internet in case you're away from your home computer!

life in red shoes said...

Same thing happened to me, never to my husband!
He did a bunch of hocus pocus and falderall and managed to fix it but it was never the same:( We finally bought a new hard drive or whatever that things called! You were thinking you were the ONLY computer idiot out there?
And Jo my friend, 1100 calories a day would make anyone grouchy!!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is so stinkin' irritating!

It's a good thing that my hubs is an IT guy.

I hope things get fixed and KILLED forever!

Liz said...

I wish we were closer! Mark is a complete genius with computers and could fix it lickety-split. Hope it's fixed soon!

cathycan said...

You need to invite a young, geeky adult, girl or boy, to come live with you, maybe a college student. Then any time there's a computer problem, you can yell down to the basement for help. : )

Blog Archive