Dang husbands are irritating sometimes. He's over there thrashing around trying to let hot dogs and chicken livers rot and I'm trying to post. Does the man not understand priorities? (Mine, not his...good grief man.) Just because he has to go to work and I get to sit here and blog...what?
Thanks to all of you who wished me well on the tooth front. I am elated to report that the rumor of pain was greatly exaggerated. Evidently in the past 35 years dental medicine has made tremendous strides. Do you know that they use a numbing cream now to deaden the gums? I was so apprehensive but it went swimmingly (and not in drool, Holly. hahahaslurp) Pictures would have been so disappointing... I am a little ashamed I was so wimpy going in. I have another appointment for just a regular cleaning in August and then I'm back on schedule with healthy toothers. Hurray! Enough about my mouth already...
I appreciate those of you who befriended or bebloggered (whoops, that sounds rather risque, doesn't it) my daughter and her blog. She is glad to have some readers. I have already filled her in about what wonderful people you are. It's so interesting that I feel like I know you all well when in reality I haven't ever met most of you. I still love you all just the same. (It might be better that you've never been subjected to my strange persona. Sometimes distance does make the friends grow friendlier.)
We cleaned up the tree limbs last night. What scrumptious weather we've been having! It was in the high 80's last evening even after the sun went down. You just can't beat it. I'm sorry for those of you who are chilling. I certainly know how cold spring can be in the north land. The summer isn't far away now, folks. I always feel so much better when it's warm and I know most of you do too.
Off to take Lola to the groomer. She has a crush on this one lady at the pet spa. I am not one bit jealous. Lola is such a dorky, little mutt. I know she has enough love for all. Let someone else bask in Lola's crooked little gaze for a while. I'm glad that she doesn't shake and tremble when I take her in for a haircut.
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. Enjoy health and happiness whenever possible. I really am in love with blogging. It keeps me somewhat sane...sort of...
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
May
(23)
- Thank You Tuesday
- Who Am I Kidding?
- I'm Chicken--bawk, bawk...
- Second, Third, Fourth Effort
- Know It!
- Tuesday? Again?
- The "Show Me" State in Sorrow
- Fat and Lazy
- Sticky Mess
- I Thought You'd Wanna Know
- It's Tuesday ...
- Cousins
- Fishing??
- What the Heck, Blogger?
- Truth Stranger than Fiction
- It's a New Dawn; It's a New Day...
- Happy Birthday, Grand Twins
- It's Common Knowledge...
- I'll Stay in the Southland
- Just Poop Sucky
- Could He Be More Annoying?
- Totally Flat Tuesday...
- Irony Unfolds
-
▼
May
(23)
9 comments:
I know it's going to be tough but really try not to cook those rotting chicken livers and hot dogs for dinner. Please have Rick take Brian fishing this weekend. Please? Glad the toofers are all good. Hope to see you soon.
you can take my dog too for a groomer apt :). She needs it bad :)
I live in the middle of the US and you know one summer in August at the State fair I was running around in jeans and a sweatshirt freezing my rear off :)
Sounds like you're off to a wonderful day. Your husband is a softie huh?
Doh! Looks like I missed your daughter?
So. I'm gonna go try not to think about rotting hot dogs and chicken liver while I make lunch for the kids.
I just caught up on your last few entries. You've scared me. I too have peridontal disease and haven't been in for a cleaning in over a year. Not looking forward to it at all now, but must make an appointment. I love your header picture - looks just like our pool down there that I miss so much up here in the north country.
I knew you'd get through it in fine shape. Yeah....dentistry has so improved since I was there in the decade of......well let's just say some years ago. I really don't mind all the stuff they do now. And blogging is kind of strange bedfellows. You get to know these people so well and get wrapped up in their lives when really......none of us REALLY know the "friends" that blogging creates.
But isn't it fun!
Glad everything went well with your teeth!
You sound like you are in a great mood today (well besides the annoying husband - LOL).
After having some strange internet behavior lately, I finally get to read your blog again. I will have to go back a few posts to catch up on the happenings. I am glad the dentist was better than expected. I dread the dentist.
I'm glad your dentist experience ended well. And I am so envious of your warm weather. We haven't hit 70 yet this year....one of these days.
Post a Comment