I must admit that sometimes I need a wack upside the head to wake me. After posting about whether I would be "beautiful" or "rich," I saw the photos of Joplin, Missouri's devastation due to the tornado. It's hard to be concerned about my silly worries when I see that. And then I realize that events such as this occur all over the planet every day...while I am concerned about whether my prescription is refilled.
Just a reminder to me (and maybe you) that this life is a definite struggle. We have ups and downs and some times we're blessed that our downs aren't rock bottom bad all of the time. I will pray for and think of the suffering people in Missouri and all areas where disaster rages. I know that our Heavenly Father will provide comfort if they turn to Him. It's a definite test of faith. Keep them in your prayers please.
On a lighter note, have you seen the ads for McDonalds lemon/strawberry slushy thing? I just love that lemon. He has such a forlorn little face and voice. You have to appreciate the plight of "the lemon." It just makes me smile. We need to smile some times.
I hope your week is safe and dry. I try to keep disaster in perspective--having compassion without sinking into despair. Often, I have trouble with this.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
May
(23)
- Thank You Tuesday
- Who Am I Kidding?
- I'm Chicken--bawk, bawk...
- Second, Third, Fourth Effort
- Know It!
- Tuesday? Again?
- The "Show Me" State in Sorrow
- Fat and Lazy
- Sticky Mess
- I Thought You'd Wanna Know
- It's Tuesday ...
- Cousins
- Fishing??
- What the Heck, Blogger?
- Truth Stranger than Fiction
- It's a New Dawn; It's a New Day...
- Happy Birthday, Grand Twins
- It's Common Knowledge...
- I'll Stay in the Southland
- Just Poop Sucky
- Could He Be More Annoying?
- Totally Flat Tuesday...
- Irony Unfolds
-
▼
May
(23)

11 comments:
You can always call me and complain. I won't judge ya. Just let it rip. Sometimes you need to get it out. About that lemon now. I have a problem with anything that has a face that doesn't normally have a face. Or talks that doesn't normally talk. Teddy Ruxpin about killed me. That kinda stuff freaks me out.
The lemon? Ummm....not so much. He kinda creeps me out. The disaster? Yes. Very sad and I've been wondering about a friend of mine in Joplin. However. We gotta stay loosened up in life or all the bad things will get us all. So I don't mind your "rich or beautiful" post.
Because I'm neither.
Wow I will have to turn on CNN! I didn't hear anything about all that. Good thing I hear about news from your blog. You will have to clue me in on what stupid Obama is doing though. Don't worry mom, I am hoarding cash and getting my food storage up to date. We are trying to get water, fuel and extra supplies on hand so we can hop in the toy hauler (that we don't have yet- I know) and load up everything meaningful and dear to us and come get you in Arizona! You have to have your own supply of diet coke saved up though. I am not going down to battle for that at the store when there's a food shortage and people are lined up out front of Walmart. Wasn't the world supposed to end or something on the 21st of May? I thought I heard that. Well you survived that- you should be happy!
HI!!
MY MOm called me last evening (she lives In Mo--outside St. Louis) and said they were under a storm warning and that Joplin was HIT HARD. I ran to the tv, I was shocked at What I saw. I immediately thought of blog friends too. I have one who lives in Kansas City. WOW, that was some tornado. I don't even know what to say, how can they live knowing a big tornado can come any time?????HOW SCARY. I will Not Complain about my day. Yes, Please let's all Pray for them. God will be there for them.
hugs 2 U,
jamie
you are my fav too!!
You are right... God will help people through this, I just hope they turn to him!
And the lemon is pretty cute :)
It's OK.
Someitmes I have to turn off the TV just to get through the day. There is just TOO much out there.
It has to be in the Lord's hands.
You aren't a complainer. You are a humor-er. That's priceless.
Hugs for the day!
It's awful. I found out this morning that one of my friend's in-laws live there. They lost everything, but are thankfully safe. Another girl in our circle lost her father and stepmother. The pictures are heartbreaking.
The kids love the lemon! They giggle and pretend to be fruit every time they see it.
Up here we're plagued with wildfires that are burning whole communities down. It seems every area of the world has some form of natural disaster just waiting to happen. It's a good thing our minds can compartmentalize so that we can have compassion for others' distress and still have compartments that holds our sense of humor, crankiness, love, fun, etc. or else we'd go nuts.
My heart goes out to everyone involved in these natural disasters. I'm at a loss as to what to do besides pray and pay my tithing.
Hummingbirds, those little buggars are MEAN! We put a feeder on our front porch each year and the show is better than a Pay For View fight!
Haven't seen the funny lemon, but I'll be on the lookout.
I trued to check on your daughters blog, but it's gone private?
And hang in there Jo, we're all in this together:)
P.S. It's still raining and 50 here :(
Seriously...love the lemon. And poor Joplin. One man said his home was destroyed in 90 seconds. Can you imagine?
I like the lemon and their frozen strawberry lemonade but you really have to stir the strawberry syrup into it from the bottom or your first sip and a sugary dose of strawberry syrup.
When my son was a baby we visited in-laws who lived in Seneca which is close to Joplin and my former s-i-l is from Joplin. Looking at the pictures on the new is just sad. I can't even imagine how horrible that would be.
Post a Comment