1. Thanks to my life-long friend who sent me this picture of Dad's grave and for placing the flowers there. Her dad just died about a month ago. Her parents and mine were neighbors and friends more than 60 years. Their cemetery plots are very close together, too. They always remember flowers for Dad when they visit their parents. True friends include friends with their family on Memorial Day when you can't be there.
2. Thank you, Pixar, for making Cars 2. I know, I know--a little weird. But my grandtwins love the whole Cars thing. This will make them happy and so I'm excited too. I love 'Mater. I can't wait to see it June 24th. It's one movie Rick might take me to.
3. Thank heavens we don't camp and that we live in Arizona. This was a picture of Memorial Day somewhere in Idaho mountains. A friend posted it on Facebook. I don't do camping and this is one reason why. Memorial Day in Idaho is almost always cold, windy, and rainy. I've spent many a wet, cold holiday there. No more, thank you.
4. Thanks, Rick, for noticing that my hair is growing. BUT to say that I have fins on the sides and a spoiler in the back is not my idea of a compliment. He answered, "Well, I just meant you have a lot of flips and stuff 'cause it's getting long." Yeah, still not better, Rickster. Sigh! He tries, I suppose. :o(
5.I appreciate that we have enough money to pay bills, but I really hate paying them. The first of the month makes me a little nervous some times. This month we have all our car, house, and boat insurance because we moved at this time and so everything is due at the same time. Yes, Daughter, I guess I could arrange monthly bills, but I'd rather just complain once a year. I'm good at it!
6. I'm thankful that we moved to Arizona two years ago during this time. I'd never be brave enough and stable enough to do it now. I don't know how I ventured out on such a wild foray, but I'm happy we did. I'm starting to really like it here. (Now, what disaster will land on us? That always happens when I get too satisfied. No, it really does...)
7. I'm trying to be thankful that I'm flying to Idaho tomorrow to see my mom, the doctor, and a couple of friends. I don't relish the effort it takes to go, but I usually am grateful that I've gone once I'm there. I will not be posting while I'm in the Gem State. I'll see you all Saturday.
8. I have the best blogger friends who support me and put up with my whining and bitching. You ladies help me more than you'll ever know. Please don't give up on me in my times of gloom and moping. I'll talk to the doctor about new medication, try to walk more, and just keep on goin' on. I appreciate your humor and encouragement immensely.
9. Starting a blog nearly three years ago was one of the smartest things I've ever done. (Next to marrying Rick, having Daughter, retiring from teaching, and moving to AZ.) I might have exploded by now if I wasn't able to vent and didn't have such wonderful bloggy friends.
10. Hurray! I reached an even number and will quit this


9 comments:
I think that is sooo nice that your friend put flowers on your Fathers grave. That is a true and caring friend.
I didn't know Cars 2 was coming out - Hello - where have I been? Can't wait now!!
We definately thought we were going to camp in snow this past weekend and loved that we did not! Yes, Idaho is definately a cold camping place, except maybe in August :-D
I'm glad you were brave and moved to AZ and that you really like it there - That is a blessing!
Have a good time in Idaho. You're right. Maybe not Twin so much, but in Rigby it was ALWAYS cold on Decoration Day. Always. I think Twin is a tad warmer that further east and a little north.
I swear I need an AZ trip. I have GOT to meet you in person. And I'll bring the Diet Coke (Mtn Dew for me).
Hey, life is full of bumps, but you are weathering them nicely. We're pretty close to perfect, but those stray ends make us more interesting (and make our children shake their heads).
Have a great trip, get the meds, and come back with great pictures and stories!
OH, you don't want to camp in CO on Memorial Day either. It is always cold here...but do they listen to me?? No! So they get what they deserve!
Hugs
I hpe you bring a coat my dear! It's still cold here.
I'm glad you're coming to Idaho though. What end of the state?
I love your blog, no need to apologize. It's awesome.
Have a blast while you are here!
Hope it's a good trip! I'll bet the weather's beautiful up there right now. Well, not in that snowy spot. But it should be fine in Twin!
We can't wait for Cars 2 as well. I hope it's good - the plot looks a little weird. But we like the characters.
Don't worry. We love you no matter what. :-)
I hope you enjoy your trip back home and that things go well with your doctor.
I've never seen Cars, so I'm no help on that score. We stick to the Princess/Barbie stuff over here, lol!
Hugs, because everyone needs 'em!
I just now saw your post, was hoping to get to you before you left. Have a wonderful, safe time. Gonna miss you!
It's always nice to remember what we are thankful for and it's seem to always be the little things that mean so much.
I am looking forward to Cars 2 also. Mater is my favorite. I love watching the Pixar shorts with him in them.
Glad to see I made your list somewhere in there! Yes Cars 2 is gonna rock! I'm so excited for the boys!!
Post a Comment