Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday? Again?

Wow, these particular days roll around fast, don't they. Especially when ones life is as full and rich as mine.

1. My dendrites are frayed...Too long without medication. The doctor's office had changed its number and had no knowledge of Sam's Club Pharmacy or Surprise, Arizona. I worry about their qualifications. You can't fix that with the first new dosage. Irreparable damage is done. I feel as if I have to start all over again storing up endorphins or whatever it is that I'm trying to repair. I'm unraveling; I'm unraveling... (That's a take off of the evil witch in The Wizard of Oz, "I'm melting; I'm melting..." Get it?)  Cruel world!

2. One of Daughter's rental houses had a 6' section of roof fall down over the renter's bed. Not good! Not only is her blog possessed...Rick says I shouldn't worry about what we have no control over. But, dang, that's always what does worry me. Why would I worry about the stuff I can control, Rick? I will always worry about my baby girl!

3. I don't really understand the Israel/border/Netanyahu-Obama disagreements. Anyone? Send a tutorial if possible with visuals.

4. Moved the hummingbird feeder AGAIN. They still don't come in to feed. I've had it with the spiteful little creatures. I wash my hands of them.  finis

5. The Rickster finally caught a fish--5 # (he claims) catfish. Look at his smile. I don't think he grinned like that at our wedding. In fact, I'm sure of it. He threw it back. (That gives me an idea...)

6. I need to wash my car. For some reason I hate washing it in AZ. I don't have a convenient neighborhood car wash like in Idaho. The people here are kind of snooty about their car care. It's like they try to out do each other with how clean and shiny their cars are. In Idaho some mud and bugs was sort of a sign of the usefulness of the car. We knew we weren't just driving a show off vehicle. It isn't so here. I hate that kind of competition. Does anyone understand this? Blink once for "yes" and twice for "no." 

7. I really don't understand fax machines, cell phones, computers, etc. It's just amazing how you can send a replica of a piece of paper, a picture, or a sound through the atmospheres. When I was four I had a Bozo the Clown record player. I used to think that the singers were inside the player itself just entertaining me. (Perhaps I should have started that medication earlier.)

8. Did you know that if you drink four 12-oz. Diet Cokes before 9 a.m. it makes you kind of sick to your stomach and shaky. As if anyone would do such a thing...psh!

9. I must call and arrange my ride to the airport next week. Why do I hate making these kinds of calls and arrangements? I know. I've asked you before. But it still puzzles me about the angst I feel in the face of such tasks. Per chance the answer lies in # 1. Per chance...

10. I like to end lists with an even number. Ten is even, isn't it? I was English, not math.

12 comments:

just call me jo said...

I don't understand why # 4 is white? Is it white on your computer? See # 7.

Emily of Boston said...

Blink blink.

Nicole said...

dang that sucks about the roof! And our humming birds are avoiding me as well....

Holly said...

I can't help with the Obama thing. My thoughts are...if I ignore him he'll go away. Still no hummingbirds here either. Maybe the rapture took them. Nice fish Rickster, they are such big dorks! I haven't washed my car in at least four months. I could live for a week off the french fries under the seat. Yes, I do know what it feels like to drink that many Diet Cokes. I'll give you are ride to the airport. Really! I will.

kesandrach said...

Mom just try driving and parking! You can do it!!! It's fun! Then when you get back from Grandmas you have your own car. Try it!

CB said...

Oh my goodness you are a laugh a minute whether you were trying to be or not!

#5 Ha Ha Ha but your husband does look super happy and that is quite the fish!!

I think as far as the cars go you could start a new competiton - Put a sticker on your car that says "My car is dirtier and has more bugs on it than your car - neeener neener neener". See if this has any effect on your neighbors! Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

Israel was attacked in 1967 and during the ensuing war re-took land that actually belongs to Israel in the first place. Obama is proposing that they give all that land back to the Palestinians in order to secure peace. However, experience has shown that whenever Israel gives in to pressure to "give back" something, it does not bring peace. That's the short and sweet of it.

larainydays said...

I don't know why Jo, but your worries make me feel better somehow...like you are doing my worrying for me. I'm feeling kind of guilty about that.

Liz said...

I used to love taking my car to Slim's to get washed. I'd drive the thirty seconds it took to get there (seriously - our house was a block from Slim's and Smith's), pay $2 in quarters and wash my car myself. It was cheap and fun and easy. I really wish there was something like that down here. Ah, Idaho.

If I could, I would give you a ride to the airport myself and save you having to make the arrangements. :-)

Amy said...

I like Rick's fish...If I ever make it to Arizona, I'll go fishing with him and you can read a book.

I used teenage labor today to wash my car. Of course it will probably rain tomorrow and ruin it all but oh well it was clean for half a day.

I sort of get the Israel thing but try not to think about it.

Katie said...

I tend to stress about too much myself! The picture of Rick with the fish made me laugh...and it reminded me of my husband!

mCat said...

So, I came over to say thank you for your comment and the picture of the pool sucked me right in.

Then as I read through some of your posts, and the underlying theme of depression, anxiety and DIET COKE - well honey, it sealed the deal. We might be soul sisters.

Don't mind me while I lurk around a bit more!

xoxox
M-Cat

Blog Archive