Last evening I started getting awful abdominal pains--excrutiating cramping stuff. All night it kept up with nothing else happening (if you know what I mean). Pain continued today so that now I feel like 6 lumber
jacks have stomped on my insides with hobnailed boots.
I did clean the house, finally. I've been crafting and painting and not cleaning. The house looked like the food counter at a circle K in mid-town Phoenix. It was crumby--literally.
The blue door is just that. Our front door was kind of a reddish-brown flesh color, a bit darker that the bleckk color of our house. (I really dislike that all houses within 10 miles of us are all variances on the color brown.) Any way, I think the HOA is supposed to approve any color we put on the outside of our house--dictators. However, our door is back in a dark cubby and now one can see it from the road anyway, so I just forged ahead and spread bright turquoise on that puppy. Then I added a berry wreath that Pier 1 had on sale after Christmas for $9.98, bought some material for a bow, and ta-dah!! A distinctive door. Take that HOA nazis. (that line for one of my favorite bloggers the Boob Nazi)
The lamp shade I worked on yesterday for 4 or 5 hours. I know it doesn't look like it involved that much time, but, what can I say--I'm slow! I painted three stark trees on the shade that I rolled with paint from the walls of the guest room. Then I painted the trees with brownish bronze paint and glued beads all over them like fallen leaves or maybe trash that blew around in the wind. (I think they are homages to Twin Falls, Idaho trees.)
The shower enclosure is the offending one that tripped me last week causing me to bump and bruise various parts of my body when I fell out of the tub while painting the bathroom. We ripped it out and now I'm trying to sell it on craigslist for $35 and not one person has called. No one else wants it either. Sigh!
I sit on the couch watching the destruction in Haiti. Feeling like crap, but thankful I have a roof over my head. I hope the people in Haiti can attain some degree of safety and comfort. Their life was pretty grim before the earthquake, and now has become intolerable.
At least the house is relatively clean. I've spent the afternoon napping and snooping in others blogs. Must muster up my strength to fix dinner for the Rickster and me...I'm still hungry even
when I'm in pain.
4 comments:
i love your door. good for you for painting it what you wanted and poo poo on them if they don't like it! and tell i said so.... that is if they ask what my opinion is!
Well, aren't you little miss crafty? I love the lamp- seriously, that's impressive. And the door is fabulous! Keep the posts coming- I enjoy reading them.
I LOVE love love, that door! Wish it would look good on my house.......not a chance! Very cool trees! I can't believe you painted that yourself. You are so crafty!
I LOVE THE DOOR!!!!! I took the leap last summer and painted mine Transferware Red, the same color that is on my favorite dishes! Did I give two hoots in hell if anyone else would approve? absolutely not. It makes me smile every time I get home and that's all that counts.
I also spent the past week crafting, I'm making an anniversary quilt for our daughter that married this past year. Darn 1 track mind of mine doesn't let me accomplish 2 things at the same time.
My house is a wreck, if I sweep the floor I'll be able to make a meal! Thus, I will use the vac and not have to see the truth of my evil ways.
It's also my turn to teach R.S. tomorrow, I see that you are also a member, how do you do sister?
Have a wonderful weekend, and, the lamp is stunning! what talent.
Post a Comment