Monday, May 24, 2010

Sick Husband Woes

You know that when men get sick they suffer more than we women. The Rickster is sick to his tummy. He just keeps wanting me to give him something to drink or eat and I won't. He thinks I'm starving him. He just throws it up. Keep food off that tender stomach lining, Rick. He is such a boob!

He didn't have a mom around when he was little and I think every time he's sick, he reverts to those days and just longs for a mother's hand. I will try to care for my patient in a suitable manner so he can "live" to see another day.

I was so looking forward to being home ALONE today to clean and get back in my routine. Oh, and the dang Arizona Republic didn't deliver my newspaper this morning. I HATE it when my paper doesn't come. In Twin Falls the paper people would bring you another if yours didn't arrive. Here, it's just too bad too sad, Charlie. They will deliver it tomorrow with my paper or credit my account. No. I want my paper NOW!! I'm so impatient.

The Suns beat the Lakers last night!! Hurray!! They play again Tuesday night. Keep the fingers crossed for Suns and Rick's recovery. :o)

5 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

Oh bummer! It sucks to have anyone sick in the house! I agree, Scott is a wanny too when he's sick. Hey Rick try puking all day everyday for 4-5 months.....lol thats how much fun it is to be prego. :)

just call me jo said...

I know, Bethany. Men don't have a clue what it is to be sick. They'd never have kids if it were up to them.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Customer service is almost non-existent these days!!! I hope your husband feels better soon! It's no fun being sick!!!!

And you didn't send me your mailing address hun!! This card isn't going to address itself, ya know, lol!!

Emily of Boston said...

Okay, so I feel really silly commenting on your blog regarding your comments on my blog, and especially on seemingly random blogs of yours... but anyway...

A. Yes, some of these people are pompous idiots.
B. I was told that being persistent is key, so if it works for your hubby, I hope it will work for me too.
C. Yes, I need to stand out amongst the other applicants for this position.
D. I DO want to work for these people.
E. I also hope I get a pleasant response, but I don't think I will. I'll have to call the HR girl again to ask her if I can call the hiring manager, or I could just skip the HR girl and play dumb when I call the hiring manager. Or I could be honest and let her know I'm in a strange position and wasn't sure if I should call again or not, but I did just to show her that I DO follow up when I say I will.

PS: This organization? It's Harvard.

life in red shoes said...

Sounds just like my hubby, hmmm, could be a case of poligamy;)

Blog Archive