There are more important things in heaven and on earth than whether I blog or fb. I was reminded of that today when I visited a friend's blog.
There is a family in my ward in Idaho that just had a baby at 30 weeks. She weighs a little over 3 pounds and is in intensive care in Boise. The reason she was taken early is that she has hydrocephalus--water on the brain. Doctors want to put in a temporary shunt if she is strong enough. Her head was growing at a faster rate than her body and to minimize the effects of the water on her brain they wanted her out early. The question seems to be ultimately whether there is sufficient brain mass for little Julia to live with any hope of more than minimal brain activity. She could be a vegetable. She might be able to develop more normally.
I ache for this family, for these sweet kids who have this burden cast upon them as their first try at parenthood. I don't understand these kinds of tragedies. But I don't need to, I guess. I want to believe that God will help and protect them. They have incredible faith. I want to have that too.
Pray for this little group as they struggle through this trial. Thankfully God seems to know what is in store for us all. Though I don't beliefve as much as I should I believe enough to know that they will have strength to get through whatever is in store for them. I WANT God to make her well or take her home, but it's not my call. I'm not ultimately wise and knowing. I'm not divine. But I hope He does right by these good people. Please pray for them and for all those who struggle with sorrow and pain at this and all times.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
May
(25)
- The Man Who Never Rests
- OK Visit
- Rick threw the Kong for Barley and Lola a little t...
- Ripped From the Headlines
- Versatile--Me?? OK
- Abnormal Boobage
- Sick Husband Woes
- See Green
- What did I miss?
- Blessings
- Used Underwear
- Comments Count
- Beauty is Genetically Predisposed
- Baby in My Home Town
- Brown or White?
- Special Baby in Twin Falls
- My Spawn's Critique
- Grandsons's Party
- Recent Randoms and Rooster
- One of Those...
- Lunch a la Cafe Costco
- 5th of May
- Sour Milk!
- I Just Don't Trust Any More...
- We're Back
-
▼
May
(25)
5 comments:
That is a heartbreaking story. I had a dream last night about a baby that died. I was talking to the mother and tried to explain that God has a reason for everything even when we don't understand it or think it is wrong. Not much comfort there in light of all the bad things that happen to little innocents. I hope everything works out well for this family.
Oh it makes me cry to read her blog. Sooooo sad! Yet she seems so strong. I hope and pray our baby can be healthy! It scares me with so much going on around here.
It's hard to keep in mind the BIG picture when we get caught up in the moment. It all boils down to faith, something you cannot touch, see, or smell.
I used to care for 2 children with spina bifida and hydrocephalis. The little girl passed away at around 5, but the boy grew into manhood and passed at 35.
My time with them left a lasting impression on me, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Hi there Mrs. Gooding ( I feel weird calling you anything but) This is Sara Gulick- now Bateman.
I was in the same class as Liz Kasper back in the day. I gave you a hard time, and truly did not appreciate you at the time. I learned a lot from you and your class. I wish I would have paid more attention back then, but lesson learned.
Anyway, I am actually in the same ward as the babies grandparents. We have been praying for them daily. What a trial to take on.
A small world, no?
Hope you are well. I enjoy your blog.
Sara
Oh, my heart hurts for them. I'll be sending them my warmest thoughts!! :-(
Post a Comment