Sunday, May 2, 2010

We're Back

Visit with daughter was much better than anticipated. Rooster (Rick) had a high fever and didn't feel very spiffy and I think Blakers was kind of puny too. But it was fun to see them. We went garage saleing and then to the nursery for plants.

Dang wind was just brutal. She's trying to get her yard ready for the luau with the bounce house, etc. If wind blows as it is now it will not be very good for tiki torches or bouncing. The wind is wicked here too.

Barley the lab was glad we made it back. A lady from our church came and fed her once, but I know she missed us. (aahh!)

Lola got a tummy ache from the travel and strange food. We're all taking naps to recover from our travels. So good to be home. I'm not much of an adventurer. I like home too well. It's nice to only have to drive 4-5 hours instead of over 8 as we did to Idaho. The dam (Hoover) road is really progressing. What a vast expanse that bridge over the dam is. Wow! I don't quite understand how it's possible to do that. I read that when they joined the two halves the engineers and builders were only 1/8 inch off between the height of the two sections. My quilts are off more than that some times.

Oh, by the way, the boys seemed to like their quilts as well as 5-year-old boys can appreciate something like that. They are fun boys. We watch Kyle Bush win the Sprint Cup race Saturday. Rooster especially is such a little NASCAR fan. He's a trooper. Newby is growing and Rachel feels pretty good.

Jo out...literally...I'm off to nap land.

2 comments:

CB said...

Glad to hear your visit went well :D

I agree traveling and visiting are nice but it feels good to come home~!

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a fun visit. I like to travel but there really is no place like home.

Blog Archive